Re: [Healeys] Start up after rebuild

To: Simon Atkinson <satkinson1974@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start up after rebuild
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:02:44 -0800
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Simon,
Back when I was turning wrenches for a living we got a Volvo 164 towed in.
Customer had been working on it and it was a no start.
I started working on with another mechanic who was from England.
One of the first things I checked was firing order which was clockwise and
correct. I turn to my associate and ask which way does the distributor turn?
Clockwise was the answer.
We continue to check and everything looks ok.
I go over to the repair manual rack and find a manual. The manual conveniently
falls open to the ignition specs page. I see Distributor rotation:
anti-clockwise.
Now knowing what's wrong I walk back nudge my fellow tech point to the dist
rotor and hit the remote starter.   The rotor of course spins CCW
Without missing a beat he says "You have obviously never seen a British
clock."
:-)
Rick

Sent from my iPhone