Re: [Healeys] what year

To: "'Tom Felts'" <tomfelts@windstream.net>, <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] what year
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:14:47 +1000
G'day Tom

I have no doubt that your car was so fitted, as there was no hard and fast
change over.

At page 85 of Original Austin-Healey by Anders Ditlev Clausager he states that
from Mar 1965 with body B.76138 and chassis BJ8/31336 (approx) - "All cars now
fitted with separate amber front/rear indications, and rear reflectors on
brackets to bumper."

Early on this year I sold BJ8L/31001 which was made in early March 1965 and it
had single combined sidelights front and rear. Courtesy of information from
Steve Byers I wrote an article on the different sidelight arrangements for
BJ8s and there were certainly cars built prior to 31336 that had twin lights,
which depended on the laws of the country that it was sold new may have had
twin or single. Also some of the twin light arrangement had the glass bee-hive
lens for both while some even had a mix of both the flat plastic and glass
bee-hive. Some even had smaller sidelights again.

While there was no hard and fast cutover date they were all fitted with twin
sidelights from the end of March 1965.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia