[Healeys] LEDs for reflector conversion

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] LEDs for reflector conversion
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:36:47 -0700
I converted the reflectors on my BN7 to brake/turn lamps some 7 years ago.
Now I want to convert from the 20W halogen MR11 bulbs with the BA15D bayonet
base to LEDs, after the heat from one of the halogens deformed the
reflector.  Apparently I had the turn signal on for quite a while driving
back from California Healey Week.  However, sourcing a direct replacement
red LED MR11 style bulb is proving difficult.  I can find white LED MR11s
with the bayonet base, but so far not in red.  Anyone have any sources?
Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Brea, CA

1960 BN7