[Healeys] BJ8 Large oil consumption

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Large oil consumption
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
Alan,
Thanks for describing the correct plumbing. I have seen the Positive
Crankcase Ventilation (PVC) valve installed in the hose between the "T"
fitting on the valve cover & the air cleaner as well as many other variations.
I assume you are installing the PCV valve in a hose from the "T" fitting on
the valve cover to the intake manifold fitting. Correct? I guess my point is
that the original PCV system produces a mild negative pressure in the
crankcase & reduces oil leaks in an engine with or without a rear oil seal kit
if the rest of the engine is in good condition. No PVC system will prevent oil
leaks if the engine is in poor condition or the gaskets are leaking. The
original system also recycles unburned hydrocarbons, etc.
Gary Hodson