Re: [Healeys] Safety gauge - resolved

To: john <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Safety gauge - resolved
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:22:23 +0200
Cc: 'Healey List' <healeys@autox.team.net>
The ether will boil at that temperature 94,3F/34,6C at atmospheric
pressure, so from that point the vapour pressure will rise and the
manometer will start to move in a closed system. As the
temperature/pressure rises so the boiling point will increase (the
higher the pressure the higher the boiling point), only a small part of
the fluid will turn to vapour, to what is called the vapour pressure at
the given temperature. Thus the higher the temperature the higher this
vapour pressure which is registered by the manometer which in turn is
calibrated to indicate the corresponding temperature.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL