Re: [Healeys] Ring Gear/Flywheel Removal

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ring Gear/Flywheel Removal
From: Ed Kaler <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:32:53 -0500
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
E D I T        Y O U R        R E P L I E S  [before DMARC p="reject" catches
you] ! ! !
**XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

One esteemed gent penned:
<quote>
If you can get a pry bar in there, try locking it against two nuts and push in
opposite rotation
to the the nut you are unscrewing.
</quote>

And another (very) esteemed gent penned:
<quote>
I think the easiest way to lock the flywheel is to jam a suitably sized piece
of steel or even
long socket between a ring gear tooth and a bolt in one of the starter bolt
holes.
</quote>

And a third esteemed gent penned:
<quote>
Use a heavy hammer to strike the opposite end of a box end wrench with heavy
blows.
The box end being on the bolt head of course.

The shock of the blow should loosen the bolts.
</quote>

Now I want to REALLY "learn" just HOW you'll are gonna TIGHTEN the NEW
(Lord,
I hope] bolts EVENLY (torqued) ? ? ? ? ?

er, or doesn't anybody care if one shears off whilst driving down the
road ? ?

Ed
" Just Brits "