[Healeys] servo

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] servo
From: "healeymanjim" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:23:00 -0700
found the problem in the servo.  something was wrong with the check valve which
stopped the vacuum from entering the bellows.  I had cleaned it when I rebuilt
the servo because the check valve was not checking.  it was a straight through
tube.  I soaked it in kerosene and blew it out and I could hear the valve
rattle.  it never entered my mind to check to see which way it was checking.
yesterday I put the vacuum hose on the valve and it immediately shut off the
vacuum to the unit.  after deducing that this was not the way it should be
working, I took a drill and drilled out the check valve, which appeared to be
some kind of rubber and a spring.  anyway, the servo operates correctly now.
now to find a properly operating check valve.