[Healeys] bronze valve guides

To: healeys@autox.team.net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] bronze valve guides
From: "healeymanjim" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:29:05 -0700
I have had bronze valve guides in since 1997 with never a problem, but the
machinist who redid my engine had done a few healeys before and might have been
aware of this and took corrective action.  I helped a club member pull his bj8
head about 8 years ago and he had bronze valve guides put in, which immediately
started to bind when the engine started to warm up.  we had to pull the head
again and take it to the machinist who reamed it out larger.  one valve still
tried to bind up, but eventually worked ok.  seems to be a question of
clearances.