[Healeys] Hacked by Oprah -- Sorry about that -

To: dwflagg@juno.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Hacked by Oprah -- Sorry about that -
From: editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 16:19:06 -0400

------=_Part_270906_706790025.1431893946613

 Doug,
I wasn't the first and won't be the last.
If that's the very first message you've ever gotten like that, I'm amazed. I
delete two to three every day. Seems that any system which gains access to
address books e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. -- usually by being sneaky
themselves is vulnerable to having those address books hacked, given rise to
these phishing queries.

Ranks right up there with messages that I've exceeded the memory limits of my
email account and need to "click here" to verify my identity.

So, best advice I can give is: If the "click here" message doesn't have a
pretty specific reason why that particular person would be telling you
specifically to click on a link, then don't. And be sure to tell anyone less
award than yourself, such as your parents if they use internet, to be equally
cautious.

Cheers
Gary

Gary Anderson
Editor-in-Chief, The Star Magazine
Mercedes-Benz Club of America

------=_Part_270906_706790025.1431893946613

I wasn't the first and won't be the last.<br>
If that's the very first message you've ever gotten like that, I'm amazed. I
delete two to three every day. Seems that any system which gains access to
address books e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. -- usually by being sneaky
themselves is vulnerable to having those address books hacked, given rise to
these phishing queries.<br>
Ranks right up there with messages that I've exceeded the memory limits of my
email account and need to "click here" to verify my identity.<br>
So, best advice I can give is: If the "click here" message doesn't have a
pretty specific reason why that particular person would be telling you
specifically to click on a link, then don't. And be sure to tell anyone less
award than yourself, such as your parents if they use internet, to be equally
cautious.<br>
Cheers<br>
Gary<br>

Anderson</i><br>

Editor-in-Chief, The Star Magazine<br>

Mercedes-Benz Club of America</font><br>

------=_Part_270906_706790025.1431893946613--