Re: [Healeys] Northern Hemisphere Lucas Demons

To: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Northern Hemisphere Lucas Demons
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 14:41:35 +0800
Cc: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--e89a8ffba99989d64c0517ab7750

What happened is he woke up, went to get his Lucas Fire Extinguisher and
let the smoke out of it.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:13 PM, I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like quite a dream . What really happened when you woke up?
>
> Mr. Ira Erbs
> On Jun 3, 2015 8:16 PM, "J. Armour" <sebring3000@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> Down =E2=80=93Under in the land of OZ I purchased my first BN.4 in 1966 =
and drove
>> it every day. Sold it for a home deposit, purchased another BN.4 and dro=
ve
>> it every day.Then went crazy and purchased a car that had been hammered
>> around Sebring for 12 hours and not having learnt my lessonI purchased
>> another Healey that did three LeMans 24 hour and two Sebring 12 hour rac=
es
>> all fitted with Lucas stuff and they have never stopped. What is going o=
n?
>> Maybe it is time to identify the reliable repair / retailer outlets ( an=
>> there are many about from the input I see on the list ) and pay the pric=
>> they have learnt from experience to select the better product.
>> On another occasion I was tuning the BN.4 and it only had 4 spark plugs
>> in the head. I was lazy and turned the engine on the starter to check th=
>> valve clearance and bless my soul the old Lucas and SU system started th=
>> engine with two cylinders pumping air and unburnt fuel
>> When I purchased the second BN.4 it had been freshly serviced by the not
>> so well informed ex-owner working at a service station. Two weeks later =
the
>> car had been performing well but then would not start. It turned out the
>> good old Lucas system had fried the two stroke lawn mower spark plugs th=
>> before mentioned service station attendant had fitted!
>>
>> I even drove a the 3000 home 90 km with the rotor button held together
>> with a piece of electrial tape.  Good old reliable Joseph Lucas.
>>
>> Joe

>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--e89a8ffba99989d64c0517ab7750

tinguisher and let the smoke out of it.</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br=
ir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:eyera3000@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">eye=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><p=
 dir=3D"ltr">Sounds like quite a dream . What really happened when you woke=
 up?</p>
quot;J. Armour&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sebring3000@bigpond.com"; target=
=3D"_blank">sebring3000@bigpond.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution">=
rder-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div class=3D"h5"><div styl=
e=3D"word-wrap:break-word;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:14px;font-family:Calib=
ri,sans-serif"><div>Down =E2=80=93Under in the land of OZ I purchased my fi=
rst BN.4 in 1966 and drove it every day. Sold it for a home deposit, purcha=
sed another BN.4 and drove it every day.Then went crazy and purchased a car=
 that had been hammered around Sebring for 12 hours and not having learnt m=
y lessonI purchased another Healey that did three LeMans 24 hour and two Se=
bring 12 hour races all fitted with Lucas stuff and they have never stopped=
. What is going on?=C2=A0 Maybe it is time to identify the reliable repair =
/ retailer outlets ( and there are many about from the input I see on the l=
ist ) and pay the price they have learnt from experience to select the bett=
er product.</div><div>On another occasion I was tuning the BN.4 and it only=
 had 4 spark plugs in the head. I was lazy and turned the engine on the sta=
rter to check the valve clearance and bless my soul the old Lucas and SU sy=
stem started the engine with two cylinders pumping air and unburnt fuel</di=
v><div>When I purchased the second BN.4 it had been freshly serviced by the=
 not so well informed ex-owner working at a service station. Two weeks late=
r the car had been performing well but then would not start. It turned out =
the good old Lucas system had fried the two stroke lawn mower spark plugs t=
iv><div>I even drove a the 3000 home 90 km with the rotor button held toget=
her with a piece of electrial tape.=C2=A0 Good old reliable Joseph Lucas.</=
nk">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=