Re: [Healeys] Replacing brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir and flexi

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacing brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir and flexible brake pipes - what order?
From: philip fish <philipfish@waitrose.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 06:52:35 +0100

--===============2427535327845755861==
        boundary="B_3519701565_577288"

--B_3519701565_577288
        charset="US-ASCII"

Hi all,
Many thanks for the replies.
>From your replies and various searches on the net it sounds like my plan of
attack should be:-
1)  Drain the  brake fluid as a first step.
2) Replace the three flexible brake pipes,  MC and reservoir.
3) Connect the reservoir to the brake MC (and clutch  MC), without
connecting the output brake pipe.
4) Bleed the brake MC (using old brake pipe connected to the MC outlet with
tube to container).
5) Connect the output brake pipes (which will have no  fluid in) and then
bleed the whole brake system.

Have I got these steps correct?

Phil

--B_3519701565_577288
        charset="US-ASCII"

charset=3Dutf=
-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -we=
bkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; fo=
replies.<br>
>From your replies and various searches on the net it sounds like my plan of=
 attack should be:-</div><div>1) &nbsp;Drain the  brake fluid as a first ste=
p.</div><div>2) Replace the three flexible brake pipes,  MC and reservoir.&n=
bsp;</div><div>3) Connect the
reservoir to the brake MC (and clutch  MC), without connecting the
output brake pipe.&nbsp;</div><div>4) Bleed the brake MC (using old brake p=
ipe connected to the MC outlet with tube to container).&nbsp;</div><div>5) C=
onnect the output brake pipes (which will have no  fluid in) and then
bleed the whole brake system.<br>
Have I got these steps correct?<br>

--B_3519701565_577288--