Re: [Healeys] Center shift boot ...

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Center shift boot ...
From: "Earl Kagna" <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:09:55 -0700
Bob:  I'm looking at my original body service parts list - plate A5.  It
shows the chrome ring under the shift lever grommet, which would indicate
that the nipple should face down.  Also interesting is that the grommet part
number changed once during BJ7 production (facing page BA7), and that the
chrome ring was discontinued at chassis # 20352 (BJ7).  Make of it what you
will.  I have always had the nipple down - both cars - BJ8, and centre shift
BT7.  Most photos in the various Healey books over the years seem to show it
this way.

If I can find a chrome ring, I will try it on the BJ8's  Smitty 5 speed
conversion - the grommet keeps slipping on the modified shift lever that I
use.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb