Re: [Healeys] Still leaking

To: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>, "warthodson@aol.com" <warthodson@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Still leaking
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 12:41:56 -0600
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
--===============2603991258180513933==
 boundary="------------010801000800070705050905"

--------------010801000800070705050905

Ira..
  The booster needs clean-ish straight vacuum from the manifold and I'd
use a one way check valve as well.. though in actual use, if the
crankcase is vented to the rear carb I have to admit the booster does
already gets "dirty" air. If you are not venting to the carbs just run a
longer hose down towards the ground to atmosphere. Though your OR
environmentalists won't be happy.. ;-)

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------010801000800070705050905

  <head>
  </head>
    Ira..<br>
     The booster needs clean-ish straight vacuum from the manifold and
    I'd use a one way check valve as well.. though in actual use, if the
    crankcase is vented to the rear carb I have to admit the booster
    does already gets "dirty" air. If you are not venting to the carbs
    just run a longer hose down towards the ground to atmosphere. Though
    your OR environmentalists won't be happy.. <span
cite="mid:CACPMnYpQKh6rwEX053Np+ph124=--hhM0k4Nvdxs6jLt9yv70A@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          carb side or the tee. I have K&amp;N filters and have not
          modified for hose. I have a BJ8 intake manifold. Can I use the
          power booster vacuum nipple to directly attach the hose with
          no pcv device?</div>
                    Portland, OR<br>
                       _______
  _______<br>
                         (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>
                             (_________________________)<br>
            dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:warthodson@aol.com";
target="_blank">warthodson@aol.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><font
              size="2" color="black" face="arial">
                it been modified in some way such as adding a PCV
                valve, adding a filter in the vent. line, removing the
                vent line from the rear carb air cleaner fitting? </div>

style="color:black;font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt">-----Original
                  Message-----<br>
                  From: David Porter <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:frogeye@porterscustom.com";
                    target="_blank">frogeye@porterscustom.com</a><br>
                       check for excessive crankcase pressure..
                      "blow-by" <br>
                      dave <br>
                        On 9/2/2015 8:10 PM, I Erbs wrote: <br>
                          oozing up through the hole on the bottom
                          flange of the block!!!<br>
                          It's dry under generator plate, dry around
                          both manual furl pump bolts. I saw the oil
                          bubble up!<br>
                          Wtf do I do now?  Bad sump gasket?????<br>
                          Mr. Ira Erbs</div>
                        <fieldset></fieldset>
                        <pre><tt>
</tt></pre>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--------------010801000800070705050905--