Re: [Healeys] Stripped bolt

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stripped bolt
From: I Erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:57:19 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a113bf89ec3940305230e140d

Back in the garage tonight. No room to slide a knife between the bolt head
and the bracket. I will try to use some vise grips to see I can pull it out
even slightly. Other wise I will be drilling out the bolt....

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

> WRT, the bolt not 'untightening;' are you unable to turn the bolt?  Or
> does it turn but not back out?
>
> Doesn't sound good either way; if a thread chaser doesn't fix the problem
> I'm afraid you'll probably need to install a helicoil (or similar) when you
> do get the bad one out.
>
> Bob
>
> On 10/25/2015 9:18 PM, I Erbs wrote:
>
> Generator plate leaked after I last removed it. Cleaned Right Stuff off,
> used copper gasket sealer. When removing old bolts i realized the one above
> the leak spot was not fitting right. retightening bolts and replacing weird
> one went well. I hand tightened all bolts until firm. One upper bolt would
> not tighten and now it won't untighten either. Wanky one was a bottom bolt.
> Any suggestions for removing bad bolt? and clean up the threads ? Shit I'd
> just like to drive the bugger.
>
> Mr. Ira Erbs

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--001a113bf89ec3940305230e140d

k in the garage tonight. No room to slide a knife between the bolt head and=
 the bracket. I will try to use some vise grips to see I can pull it out ev=
en slightly. Other wise I will be drilling out the bolt....</div></div><div=
 class=3D"gmail_extra"><br clear=3D"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature=
=C2=A0=C2=A0 _______=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 _______<br>=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)<br>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
ail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-le=
ft:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    WRT, the bolt not &#39;untightening;&#39; are you unable to turn the bo=
lt?=C2=A0
    Or does it turn but not back out?<br>
    Doesn&#39;t sound good either way; if a thread chaser doesn&#39;t fix t=
he
    problem I&#39;m afraid you&#39;ll probably need to install a helicoil (=
or
    similar) when you do get the bad one out.<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font c=
olor=3D"#888888"><br>
        Cleaned Right Stuff off, used copper gasket sealer. When
        removing old bolts i realized the one above the leak spot was
        not fitting right. retightening bolts and replacing weird one
        went well. I hand tightened all bolts until firm. One upper bolt
        would not tighten and now it won&#39;t untighten either. Wanky one
        was a bottom bolt. Any suggestions for removing bad bolt? and
        clean up the threads ? Shit I&#39;d just like to drive the bugger. =
      <fieldset></fieldset>

rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>