Re: [Healeys] Coolant change

To: Daniel White <healeydan@wowway.com>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolant change
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 07:40:08 -0700
--===============5995458166508736504==
 boundary="------------060505090705070709070605"

--------------060505090705070709070605

yes, it goes "bad". All (I think) contain lubricating agents which are
important in the health of the pump. I would think every two years
should be adequate. I have no opinion about waterless, though I suspect
the "lubricating agent" still holds true. Ask the manufacturer. Most
have lots of information on the web...
dave

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------060505090705070709070605

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    yes, it goes "bad". All (I think) contain lubricating agents which
    are important in the health of the pump. I would think every two
    years should be adequate. I have no opinion about waterless, though
    I suspect the "lubricating agent" still holds true. Ask the
    manufacturer. Most have lots of information on the web...<br>
    dave<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:291032054.20716300.1446731594129.JavaMail.zimbra@wowway.com"
      type="cite">
        font-size: 12pt; color: #000000">
          regarding how often to change the coolant in the BN7.  If the
          answer is there...I missed it.  I'm running a 50/50 mix of
          antifreeze and tap water and it tests o.k. as far as freeze
          protection.  This mix has been in the system for a number of
          years.  Does coolant "go bad" with age?  Any thoughts about
          the waterless coolant being sold on the market?<br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--------------060505090705070709070605--