Re: [Healeys] Coolant change

To: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>, Daniel White <healeydan@wowway.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolant change
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 08:40:57 -0700
Cc: "Healeys@autox.team.net" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
--===============8867987942679795991==
 boundary="------------060107020301070702010102"

--------------060107020301070702010102

Richard,
  not to sound argumentative, but the seawater systems/heat exchangers
or what ever name are vastly different systems, but the engines are
still subject to the same conditions as our cars and preventative
maintenance should be a higher priority in off shore capable boats.
Those boats using fresh water systems are highly prone to coolant system
issues too. Mostly due to different temps across the heads, but also
lack of pump lubrication... IMHO
dp

On 11/5/2015 8:05 AM, Richard Collins wrote:
> I am running the same
> 50/50 mix in my BN7 but am using distilled water in lieu of tap water.
> It hasn't been drained in a number of years except to fix a leak in
> the original still used radiator several years ago.
> FYI my water cooled Porsches have coolant more than 5 years old and no
> issue. I have captained large motor yachts and the multi gallonage
> coolant in their engines are seldom drained.
> So age is not the issue IMO
>

> Regards,
> Richard Of Ky
> BN7 #440

--------------060107020301070702010102

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Richard,<br>
     not to sound argumentative, but the seawater systems/heat
    exchangers or what ever name are vastly different systems, but the
    engines are still subject to the same conditions as our cars and
    preventative maintenance should be a higher priority in off shore
    capable boats. Those boats using fresh water systems are highly
    prone to coolant system issues too. Mostly due to different temps
    across the heads, but also lack of pump lubrication... IMHO<br>
    dp<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:SN1PR19MB0317D1D2D9DEA64099C90607BF290@SN1PR19MB0317.namprd19.prod.outlook.com"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
        50/50 mix in my BN7 but am using distilled water in lieu of tap
        water. It hasn't been drained in a number of years except to fix
        a leak in the original still used radiator several years ago.</div>
        coolant more than 5 years old and no issue. I have captained
        large motor yachts and the multi gallonage coolant in their
        engines are seldom drained.</div>
        Regards,

--------------060107020301070702010102--