Re: [Healeys] Trunk/boot lip rivets

To: Andy Thorp <bce257@yahoo.co.nz>, "Healeys, Forum" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trunk/boot lip rivets
From: "josef-eckert@t-online.de" <josef-eckert@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 22:43:36 +0100 (MET)
Andy,
I wouldn´t try solid rivets. I have two Concours Austin-Healeys  and I use pop
rivets. I put some JB Weld in the small hole on top and sand/polish them before
painting.  You really need to climb in the boot or lay down under the car to
really realise they are pop rivets and not solid ones. The rivetted lib at the
bottom and on the boot opening looks extremely flat, no dents at all, caused by
the rivetting work.
Need to say I am living in Europe and we have different rules for Concours than
in North America.
Josef Eckert
Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----