Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 8:25:56 -0500
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>
I'm going to assume that maybe someone else has said this, but to me these
kinds of political BS comments has no place on this list.
Tom
---- Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net> wrote:

=============
I moved here in 1971. It was a very different place back then.  Not as crowded
and not as regulated in all aspects of life.  These days you can't keep up
with all the nanny state laws being passed every year.  You can be a law
abiding citizen one day and a potential felon the next.  Every year brings
more regulations and control over almost everything you do.  Let's not get
started on the gun control issue.  Now they can take all your firearms with no
crime having been committed. All someone has to do is convince a judge you
MIGHT do something to yourself or someone else.  If that is not the thought
police, I don't know what is.  Yes, you don't have to smog a car made before
1975, but every year some lame brain democrat will introduce a bill to make ALL
cars have to undergo smog either retro actively or be destroyed even though
they do not contribute even 1 percent of the smog to California.  That bimbo
from the San Francisco are Fran Pavley tried to get all motorcycles have to
undergo smog tests retroactively back many years over a certain engine size.
Never mind motorcycles are not ridden as much or as often as automobiles or are
a mall percentage of all vehicles on the road.  Luckily it was defeated.  It
all started going down hill when the legislature in California went for being
is session for six months out of the year to year round.  Yes Bob I do feel
free to leave this quagmire of rules and control of personal liberties. Every
one of my hobbies I will pursue when I retire is now being controlled by either
the state of California or as in my radio control hobby the federal government
being the FAA in particular.  The FAA wants to treat my 7 pound model airplane
that does not fly out of my sight or place anyone or anything in danger like
all aircraft and make me be licensed to fly it. of course the license is not
free.  You have to pay for the government to control you.  I retire from the
railroad at the end of the year and am seriously eyeing Arizona as a retirement
destination.  At least there I don't worry about  an new firearm law being
passed every 5 minutes.Mike MacLean

    On Friday, February 12, 2016 12:52 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>