Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..

To: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] get a load of this one..
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:15:39 -0800
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.5.1 s=q20140121; t=1455545691; bh=TZ8ZSs5RmPDtekMgmz9q8yxemLdNTsJeSRHt+uSqlhE=; h=Received:Received:Subject:To:From:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=s42QJ6SBCkb1G0aA19x0fBpowggi8L+Wp4Mrkb8Nat7UKn/wYm7Ekm/rwK40x0Rmz ouYIK7R3skgBfBfSjpep7YeBlTxlYD1AhNjumiHjMZ8JrfVpPMyONT/W7/SsMWgqCG fTWGJEKnebUyQV0bJXMLV7GKm3Kz6GKv/d9IVorlh2Touh24odxdfXwRyIlWReRgUF iAHfWSOFeAVcTTjqKgrB2vJZrDfAepB0yxttQQ1c7AYljP1y5W1XHXb2V52ZxdOU1N YNXVXANGjkBRXhJfgxUeBR1KDO4DR00TmUfgKGgOFDJCUpZVvIYLPmg7BTeFn2VkIf Lg1BMpftFMNAQ==
We care.  And, don't get us started on the fact that when the span was
completed, it was defective.   I'm not aware of any (proven) corruption,
just the usual bureaucratic inertia and backroom dealing you find
everywhere.  There is a lot of obstructionism from greenies, who would
if they could do away with cars and roads altogether (a lot of our roads
are being put on 'diets,' where ato lanes are replaced by bike paths
wide enough to drive a semi through).

To answer your question, Alan, it just goes along with the fact the the
US is no longer a 'can do' nation.  We're overextended--militarily,
economically, you name it--and one gets the feeling our citizens are
just hanging in, getting what we can while we can, and aren't interested
in accomplishing 'big things,' or even just fixing what we have.  IIRC,
you live in or near China, which has a different model and much more
concentrated political control; it will be interesting to see if that
model works better in the long run (my bet: it won't).

And, while the problems are often national, California gets the bulk of
the heat because we're usually in the forefront of all change, for
better or worse.

Don't worry, we can handle it.

Cheers,
Bob