Re: [Healeys] Idle dies

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Idle dies
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 19:38:21 +0200
References: <CABXhz8-OhuxXfdgziiGh4wgRwnS0W9kXU+25nwJJbhWDM8PXKQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz89B0JhSZ5Uv562YT-Bfv9VDsrvb7t5WiWc3fMcRgoSskQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz88=7sw+Fsy+8Ap_P8t8KXT-eep9n9bsqtT46pCCfGLeiQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz882hqK_kFYXjTOBrWcboAJUOMwxoH2WJ+soUu86aUgMYA@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz8-Wh0spQE36nFzZB0EQUUM_LLD-pk8ZaBJBvjBc7ctKxA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFBXTkJ8G_R5wCD05EoLjdLGpQc2cYF5U-3+g69W--pW3oKDJw@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz88_abMGvMnErVFLoirfJdC=a3rNSHChGpGRNUOoPjozuA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFBXTkJpTK8kPb=+BW45gNgbjax_9ugrAL+ZyizynvwgcwD-3A@mail.gmail.com> <CABXhz89yP1OUbQdDdp=z1QkpHahjEdFAJqRAseCFgB_Kj7TFyg@mail.gmail.com>
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.1.1 a=9+rZDBEiDlHhcck0kWbJtElFXBc=:19 a=pD_ry4oyNxEA:10 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=17gmc8Lg46Px-UuECyUA:9 a=pILNOxqGKmIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=M9c32NbRvDz3U8tcnOAA:9 a=rJMZlsXmLeYGEYnA:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=6kGIvZw6iX1k4Y-7sg4_:22 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 xcat=Undefined/Undefined none
--===============1105785715201991777==
 boundary="------------A2711EA1A4D294F85F8E26A4"

--------------A2711EA1A4D294F85F8E26A4

Try replacing the coil and (re)check the condensor  and flexible wire in
the distributor. Also check if the rotor and cap are compatible.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 9-6-2016 om 4:14 schreef i erbs:
> new development
> car looses all power, bucks, backfires, catches and drive ok for a
> bit, then big backfires and bucking, then it dies. almost like a loss
> of power. it could be an intermittent power loss. Distributor cap
> looks like . explosions. NOS cap, rotor, points and condenser .
> Distributor was removed cleaned and re greased.
>

> Ira Erbs
> Portland,OR
>       _______          _______
>      (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
>          (_________________________)
>           BT7 engine and disk brakes
>
> Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com
>
>     Ira - with HD8s you can get leaking at the slow idle screw, which
>     will cause you to lose idle when the car gets hot.  Try putting a
>     couple drops of oil around the threads of the slow idle screw and
>     see if that stops the problem.  If so, you have to take the slow
>     idle screw out and replace and oil the O ring.
>
>     Also, the Teflon bushes can come out a bit if installed
>     incorrectly, something else to check.
>
>     Alan
>
>     On Wednesday, 8 June 2016, i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com
>
>         Good point, I have HD8s, but the concept should be the same
>
>         Mr. Ira Erbs
>         Portland,OR
>         1959 Austin Healey 100-6
>         please forgive odd words and auto corrects as   my phone
>         cannot understand my misspellings
>
>         On Jun 7,

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------A2711EA1A4D294F85F8E26A4

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      the condensor  and flexible wire in the distributor. Also check if
      the rotor and cap are compatible.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Op 9-6-2016 om 4:14 schreef i erbs:<br>
cite="mid:CABXhz89yP1OUbQdDdp=z1QkpHahjEdFAJqRAseCFgB_Kj7TFyg@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          ok for a bit, then big backfires and bucking, then it dies.
          almost like a loss of power. it could be an intermittent power
          loss. Distributor cap looks like . explosions. NOS cap, rotor,
          points and condenser . Distributor was removed cleaned and re
          greased.<br>
                                     _______</span><br>
_______)</span><br>
(_________________________)</span></div>
                          misspelled words</div>
          Seigrist <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:healey.nut@gmail.com";
target="_blank">healey.nut@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            leaking at the slow idle screw, which will cause you to lose
            idle when the car gets hot.  Try putting a couple drops of
            oil around the threads of the slow idle screw and see if
            that stops the problem.  If so, you have to take the slow
            idle screw out and replace and oil the O ring.
              incorrectly, something else to check.</div>
                  On Wednesday, 8 June 2016, i erbs &lt;<a
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:eyera3000@gmail.com"; target="_blank"><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:eyera3000@gmail.com";>eyera3000@gmail.com</a></a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                      concept should be the same </p>
                      Portland,OR<br>
                      1959 Austin Healey 100-6<br>
                      please forgive odd words and auto corrects as   my
                      phone cannot understand my misspellings </p>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"