Re: [Healeys] Water pump and fan query for BN7

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Water pump and fan query for BN7
From: michael.salter@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:58:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_12846_338881120.1471384688513

Yep I still have pump kits for all 6 cylinder engines.=20

Also have a few rebuilt original pumps.

Michael S=20

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 5:27 PM -0400, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>=
 wrote:

Last I checked, the only water pumps available from the 'usual suspects' ar=
e County brand. =C2=A0County 'quality' is generally suspect, and I had 2 pu=
mps fail out of the box (broken shafts). =C2=A0Michael Salter used to suppl=
y rebuild kits and/or did rebuilds himself; his work is excellent (http://w=
ww.netbug.net/blogmichael/?page_id=3D54).
I bought one of the original 'Texas Cooler' fans back when they were offere=
d by the Texas club; it's performed well for many years. =C2=A0Can't speak =
for the new ones; although Denis Welch has similar and they are reputable.
Bob

The bearings on my water pump finally gave out so I am in the market for on=
e and also think it is time to upgrade from the 2 piece four bladed fan tha=
t was on it.
The pump has the nut on the shaft for the pulley but unless the pulley is k=
eyed on it looks more like it is pressed on although I do have a bit of mot=
ion of the pulley on the shaft. It seems most new pumps (Moss for example) =
have the pulleys now pressed on so I assume that is the preferred solution =
for replacement.
Re the fan I was looking at a six blade but saw no fans in the Moss catalog=
 (NA?) as they look for a solution I recall to rivets popping on the metal =
ones and not sure re the plastic blade solution.
Looking for any feed back on obtaining a new water pump and an upgraded fan=
 blade.
Thanks !
Regards,
Richard Collins of KY
BN7 #440

------=_Part_12846_338881120.1471384688513

 6 cylinder engines. <br>
Also have a few rebuilt original pumps.<br>
Michael S <br></p>
ell" <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net"; target=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

a-label=3D"Compose body">Last I checked, the only water pumps available fro=
m the 'usual suspects' are County brand. &nbsp;County 'quality' is generall=
y suspect, and I had 2 pumps fail out of the box (broken shafts). &nbsp;<sp=
an style=3D"font-size: 12pt;">Michael Salter used to supply rebuild kits an=
d/or did rebuilds himself; his work is excellent (</span><a href=3D"http://=
www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?page_id=3D54" style=3D"font-size: 12pt;">http:/=
/www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?page_id=3D54</a><span style=3D"font-size: 12pt=
l=3D"Compose body">I bought one of the original 'Texas Cooler' fans back wh=
en they were offered by the Texas club; it's performed well for many years.=
 &nbsp;Can't speak for the new ones; although Denis Welch has similar and t=
e=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;f=
ont-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"co=
lor: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; =
ket for one and also think it is time to upgrade from the 2 piece four blad=
ed fan that was on it.<br>The pump has the nut on the shaft for the pulley =
but unless the pulley is keyed on it looks more like it is pressed on altho=
ugh I do have a bit of motion of the pulley on the shaft. It seems most new=
 pumps (Moss for example) have the pulleys now pressed on so I assume that =
is the preferred solution for replacement.<br>Re the fan I was looking at a=
 six blade but saw no fans in the Moss catalog (NA?) as they look for a sol=
ution I recall to rivets popping on the metal ones and not sure re the plas=
tic blade solution.<br>Looking for any feed back on obtaining a new water p=

------=_Part_12846_338881120.1471384688513--