[Healeys] Steering Wheel or Steering Box Problem?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Steering Wheel or Steering Box Problem?
From: Lawrence Swift <lawrence.swift@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:42:14 -0400
I have reset the steering wheel on my BT7 several times - spoke straight up
with the front wheels straight ahead.

But periodically the steering wheel rotates counter clockwise about 30 degrees.

The front suspension is new- king pins, poly bushings.
The car steers very well, no shimmy, very little play in the steering.

The box has never been rebuilt.

Is it possible the worm has a dead spot or the peg is damaged?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Larry Swift