[Healeys] lightened flywheel

To: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] lightened flywheel
From: Mark Fawcett <m.fawcett@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:17:06 -0700

--94eb2c06fabe96e005053af1c9fa

List,
Many years ago I purchased a lightened flywheel from Bolt On Healeys. I
never installed it, but now I think I'm going to. The flywheel I bought was
for an early 3000. Now I'd like to put a later clutch instead of the 3
finger style clutch. Can I modify the older flywheel to be able to use the
later style diaphragm pressure plate? I think I should be able to thread
bolts into the existing bolt holes then have the head machined flush. Then
have new bolt holes drilled and tapped.  Has anyone done this, or I would
appreciate any suggestions.
Or if Bill Bolton is still out there and offering lightened flywheels that
will take the 9 1/2" pressure plate, I might do that. I haven't been able
to locate him on line.

Thanks,
Mark Fawcett

--94eb2c06fabe96e005053af1c9fa

a lightened=20
flywheel from Bolt On Healeys. I never installed it, but now I think I&#39;=
 going to. The flywheel I bought was for an early 3000. Now I&#39;d like to=
=20
put a later clutch instead of the 3 finger style clutch. Can I modify=20
the older flywheel to be able to use the later style diaphragm pressure=20
plate? I think I should be able to thread bolts into the existing bolt=20
holes then have the head machined flush. Then have new bolt holes=20
drilled and tapped.=C2=A0 Has anyone done this, or I would appreciate any=
=20
offering lightened flywheels that will take the 9 1/2&quot; pressure plate,=
 might do that. I haven&#39;t been able to locate him on line.<br><br></div=

--94eb2c06fabe96e005053af1c9fa--