Re: [Healeys] Helicoils in SU carbs

To: Linwood Rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Helicoils in SU carbs
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:17:09 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_4598159_1072981969.1474640229202

I think it would depend entirely on the size of bolt you would use. Note the
coil kits usually don't come with the drill bit you need to oversize the holes
before tapping for the coil, and it's usually some oddball 64ths size.

FWIW, it sounds like a good idea as I have K&N filters on my BJ8, and they are
indeed a PITA to install (unfortunately, I'd still have to deal with the stupid
little acorn nuts on the outer side of the filters).

Bob