Re: [Healeys] list quiet

To: 100healey <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] list quiet
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:31:19 -0700
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a11352ee6f0898f053f9eeb30

=F0=9F=91=8C
I know that when I get to Australia I will have folks to meet face to face
 quaff a beer or three and possibly spend a night or two in a spare bedroom
because of this list. When I embarked on putting my car back together 8
years ago after taking it down to bare metal, I found people and resources
here. I have met a number of you in person and that is an extra treat. I
have sent parts ahead of payment and received parts the same way. I have
even found a few pieces of unabtainium from listers.
Cheers and thanks to all who contribute or ask questions or just lurk.

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
     (______ \____1959 BN4____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
          BT7 engine and disk brakes
*Aerodynamics are for people who can=E2=80=99t build engines.* =E2=80=93 *E=
nzo Ferrari*
Please excuse random auto corrects and misspelled words

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Guys, I feel I also need to chip in a bit here. This list has been a
> great resource for Healey lovers. And it goes back to a time when many li=
ke
> us all of a certain age were barely comfortable with the whole online
> experience. Yet we made many friends that otherwise we would have never
> known in far reaches of the world. It bought us together to talk about wh=
at
> we love. Yes we miss people like Rich Chrysler but would many of us have
> even known him if it wasn't for the list? I would also add Roger Moment w=
ho
> isn't mentioned much any more, I have had many conversations with him als=
> in fact he would ring me for a chat rather than use the list. A guy on th=
> other side of the world who wanted to chat about Healeys. How does that
> happen. What the list has done is open us all to the smaller world of the
> internet and many have kicking and screaming moved to social media like
> facebook, which is ok as long as you know how to use it and what to ignor=
.
> But I put this to you. Via this list I got to Know Steve Byers. He is in
> America, I am in Australia. Yet he put in a huge effort to secure a Nash
> Healey bonnet for me. Never seen him face to face, yet I ended up with a
> bonnet I had no hope of ever getting by myself. there are good people her=
e,
> they are the value of this list.
>
> Cheers
>
> Larry Varley
>
> http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/

> options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--001a11352ee6f0898f053f9eeb30

 will have folks to meet face to face =C2=A0quaff a beer or three and possi=
bly spend a night or two in a spare bedroom because of this list. When I em=
barked on putting my car back together 8 years ago after taking it down to =
bare metal, I found people and resources here. I have met a number of you i=
n person and that is an extra treat. I have sent parts ahead of payment and=
 received parts the same way. I have even found a few pieces of unabtainium=
 from listers.</div><div>Cheers and thanks to all who contribute or ask que=
br clear=3D"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmai=
pan style=3D"font-family:&#39;Times New Roman&#39;,serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 _______ =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0_______</span><br st=
yle=3D"font-family:&#39;Times New Roman&#39;,serif"><span style=3D"font-fam=
ily:&#39;Times New Roman&#39;,serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 (______ \____1959 =
BN4____/ _______)</span><br style=3D"font-family:&#39;Times New Roman&#39;,=
serif"><span style=3D"font-family:&#39;Times New Roman&#39;,serif">=C2=A0 =
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 BT7 engine and disk brakes</div><div><stron=
g style=3D"margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;outline:0px;font-size:14px;ver=
tical-align:baseline;background:rgb(0,0,0);color:rgb(255,255,255);font-fami=
ly:sans-serif">Aerodynamics are for people who can=E2=80=99t build engines.=
</strong><span style=3D"color:rgb(255,255,255);font-family:sans-serif;font-=
size:14px;background-color:rgb(0,0,0)">=C2=A0=E2=80=93=C2=A0</span><em styl=
e=3D"margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;outline:0px;font-size:14px;vertical-=
align:baseline;background:rgb(0,0,0);color:rgb(255,255,255);font-family:san=
y <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:varley@cosmos.net.au"; target=3D"_=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-l=
eft:1ex">Hi Guys, I feel I also need to chip in a bit here. This list has b=
een a great resource for Healey lovers. And it goes back to a time when man=
y like us all of a certain age were barely comfortable with the whole onlin=
e experience. Yet we made many friends that otherwise we would have never k=
nown in far reaches of the world. It bought us together to talk about what =
we love. Yes we miss people like Rich Chrysler but would many of us have ev=
en known him if it wasn&#39;t for the list? I would also add Roger Moment w=
ho isn&#39;t mentioned much any more, I have had many conversations with hi=
m also in fact he would ring me for a chat rather than use the list. A guy =
on the other side of the world who wanted to chat about Healeys. How does t=
hat happen. What the list has done is open us all to the smaller world of t=
he internet and many have kicking and screaming moved to social media like =
facebook, which is ok as long as you know how to use it and what to ignor. =
But I put this to you. Via this list I got to Know Steve Byers. He is in Am=
erica, I am in Australia. Yet he put in a huge effort to secure a Nash Heal=
ey bonnet for me. Never seen him face to face, yet I ended up with a bonnet=
 I had no hope of ever getting by myself. there are good people here, they =
are the value of this list.<br>
Cheers<br>
Larry Varley<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=