Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Question

To: Roger Grace <roggrace@telus.net>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Question
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 20:03:26 -0600
--===============4621631578449802594==
 boundary="------------C170F7E84795B88119CB4B27"

--------------C170F7E84795B88119CB4B27

I use Yamabond. For sealing Al motorcycle engines. I like it. DaveP

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------C170F7E84795B88119CB4B27

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      DaveP<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:A9D032D52C2F4582BF61C5A6EBCB998B@WINDOWST93OFP9"
      type="cite">
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
          COLOR: #000000">
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                COLOR: #000000">
                  FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
                  COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                      Sans MS'; COLOR: #000000">
                        none; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;;
                        FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE:
                        normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                            'Comic Sans MS'; COLOR: #000000">
                              TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY:
                              &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
                              COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal;
                              DISPLAY: inline">
                                  FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; COLOR:
                                  #000000">
                                    TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY:
                                    &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT:
                                    normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE:
                                    normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                                        FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';
                                        COLOR: #000000">
                                          TEXT-DECORATION: none;
                                          FONT-FAMILY:
                                          &quot;Calibri&quot;;
                                          FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR:
                                          #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal;
                                          DISPLAY: inline">
                                              FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans
                                              MS'; COLOR: #000000">
                                                but have this same leak
                                                in my BJ8 OD and fixing
                                                it is one of my Winter
                                                projects.</div>
                                                sealant stuff that was
                                                used before didn?t last
                                                (have no idea how long
                                                ago or what it is) and
                                                that there is no oil
                                                pressure on the joint,
                                                am sensitive to using
                                                what is the appropriate
                                                goo that will last and
                                                contain the oil.</div>
                                                checking around and the
                                                Hylomar universal blue
                                                is used by some shops
                                                that fix OD?s.</div>
                                                (ex Laycock people in
                                                UK) tell me that the
                                                originals were sealed
                                                with a product called
                                                Wellseal.</div>
                                                Wurth sealant that
                                                mentions flange mating
                                                in its website blurb.</div>
                                                they could supply me
                                                with a gasket for this
                                                joint that seems like a
                                                good idea ?</div>
                                                these are 2 Al flanges
                                                that are mated without a
                                                gasket. I wonder why ?.
                                                Plan to do some careful
                                                flatness checking when
                                                have my hands on them.
                                                Has anyone had a problem
                                                with the mating flatness
                                                ?  do they have a
                                                tendency to warp over
                                                the years and maybe
                                                abuse too ? given the
                                                shape not easy to
                                                machine flat - why do
                                                they leak ?</div>
                                                please.</div>
                                                small; TEXT-DECORATION:
                                                none; FONT-FAMILY:
                                                &quot;Calibri&quot;;
                                                FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
                                                COLOR: #000000;
                                                FONT-STYLE: normal;
                                                DISPLAY: inline">
                                                  tahoma">
                                                    style="BACKGROUND:
                                                    #f5f5f5">
                                                      style="font-color:
                                                      black"><b>From:</b>
                                                      <a
                                                        moz-do-not-send="true"
title="frogeye@porterscustom.com">David Porter</a> </div>
                                                      Wednesday, October
                                                      26, 2016 7:15 AM</div>
moz-do-not-send="true" title="bspidell@comcast.net">Bob Spidell</a> ; <a
moz-do-not-send="true" title="jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net">John Spaur</a> </div>
moz-do-not-send="true" title="healeys@autox.team.net">healeys</a> </div>
                                                      Re: [Healeys]
                                                      Overdrive Question</div>
                                                small; TEXT-DECORATION:
                                                none; FONT-FAMILY:
                                                &quot;Calibri&quot;;
                                                FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
                                                COLOR: #000000;
                                                FONT-STYLE: normal;
                                                DISPLAY: inline">
                                                  that is oil compliant
                                                  will work. There is no
                                                  internal pressure that
                                                  will force oil out.
                                                  The oil level in the
                                                  OD is just above the
                                                  operating shaft level,
                                                  hence the need for the
                                                  o-rings on the shaft.</p>
                                                  wisdom....<br>
                                                  class="moz-cite-prefix">On
                                                  10/26/2016 7:40 AM,
                                                  Bob Spidell wrote:<br>

cite="mid:1925088485.29171543.1477489233889.JavaMail.zimbra@comcast.net"
                                                  type="cite">
                                                    12pt; FONT-FAMILY:
                                                    arial; COLOR:
                                                    #000000">
                                                      both types of
                                                      Hylomar WILL seal
                                                      the joint?</div>
                                                    <hr id="zwchr">
                                                      style="FONT-SIZE:
                                                      12pt;
                                                      TEXT-DECORATION:
                                                      none; FONT-FAMILY:
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000;
                                                      FONT-STYLE:
                                                      normal"><b>From: </b>"John
                                                      Spaur" <a
                                                        moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">mailto:jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net</a><br>
                                                      <b>To: </b>"WILLIAM
                                                      B LAWRENCE" <a
                                                        moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">mailto:YNOTINK@msn.com</a>, "healeys" <a
moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E">mailto:healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                                                      <b>Sent: </b>Tuesday,
                                                      October 25, 2016
                                                      8:27:53 PM<br>
                                                      <b>Subject: </b>Re:
                                                      [Healeys]
                                                      Overdrive Question<br>

@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}

p.msonormal, li.msonormal, div.msonormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.msohyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563c1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.msohyperlinkfollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954f72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.emailstyle18
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:#1f497d;}
.msochpdefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page wordsection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.wordsection1
        {page:wordsection1;}
--></style>
                                                        class="WordSection1">

class="MsoNormal"><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;
                                                          COLOR:
                                                          #1f497d">In my
                                                          experiences
                                                          neither of the
                                                          two types
                                                          Hylomar will
                                                          not seal that
                                                          joint.</span></p>

class="MsoNormal"><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;
                                                          COLOR:
                                                          #1f497d"></span> </p>

class="MsoNormal"><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;
                                                          COLOR:
                                                          #1f497d">John
                                                          Spaur</span></p>

class="MsoNormal"><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;
                                                          COLOR:
                                                          #1f497d">San
                                                          Jose</span></p>

class="MsoNormal"><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;
                                                          COLOR:
                                                          #1f497d"></span> </p>
                                                          style="BORDER-TOP:
                                                          #e1e1e1 1pt
                                                          solid;
                                                          BORDER-RIGHT:
                                                          medium none;
                                                          BORDER-BOTTOM:
                                                          medium none;
                                                          PADDING-BOTTOM:
                                                          0in;
                                                          PADDING-TOP:
                                                          3pt;
                                                          PADDING-LEFT:
                                                          0in;
                                                          BORDER-LEFT:
                                                          medium none;
                                                          PADDING-RIGHT:
                                                          0in">

class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY:
&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span
style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">
                                                          Healeys [<a
                                                          moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>]
                                                          <b>On Behalf
                                                          Of </b>WILLIAM
                                                          B LAWRENCE<br>
                                                          <b>Sent:</b>
                                                          Sunday,
                                                          October 23,
                                                          2016 8:26 PM<br>
                                                          <b>To:</b> <a
moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                                                          <b>Subject:</b>
                                                          [Healeys]
                                                          Overdrive
                                                          Question</span></p>

class="MsoNormal"> </p>

id="divtagdefaultwrapper">
                                                          style="FONT-FAMILY:
&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif; COLOR: #1f497d">?</span><span
                                                          style="FONT-FAMILY:
&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif; COLOR: black">disassembly of the OD
                                                          because it is
                                                          seeping oil at
                                                          the clutch
                                                          ring. There
                                                          are no
                                                          gaskets, but I
                                                          would like to
                                                          smear some
                                                          Hylomar on the
                                                          joint faces to
                                                          stop the leak.
                                                  <fieldset

class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
                                                  <pre
wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
                                                  class="moz-signature">--
                                                  Dave Porter Porter
                                                  Custom Bicycles 2909
                                                  Arno St. NE
                                                  Albuquerque, NM 87107
                                                  505-352-1378 Go HERE:
                                                  my world <a
                                                    moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>
                                                <hr>
                                                Support Team.Net
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                                                Suggested annual
                                                donation  $12.75<br>
                                                Archive:
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                                                Forums:
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                                                Unsubscribe/Manage:
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/roggrace@telus.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/roggrace@telus.net</a><br>
                                                <hr>
                                                  color="#000000"
                                                  align="left">No virus
                                                  found in this message.<br>
                                                  Checked by AVG - <a
                                                    moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
                                                  Version: 2015.0.6201 /
                                                  Virus Database:
                                                  4664/13278 - Release
                                                  Date: 10/26/16</p>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"