Re: [Healeys] speedo questions

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] speedo questions
From: Bluehealey <bluehealey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 21:34:38 +0000
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Bob.
For what it's worth I have found that 1152TPM is the closest calibration I
could get to suit the set up on Bluehealey.  I have a 3.54 Lempert diff on
overdrive box with 180XAS Michelins. Rolling radius of those I found to be
312mm (12.3").
The set up uses a 32tooth worm wheel and 36 tooth Odo wheel.  The displayed
mileage and actual mileage are pretty close and have been checked over a few
hundred miles against a Sat Nav. Error is about 1-2%.
Your tyres will be the only variable with my arrangement.
Speedo calibration is all over the place. I just moved the needle, relative to
the drive cup, until 60mph matches my sat nav display.  All other speeds above
and below will be off a margin.
Give me your rolling radius of the tyres and I will be able to provide the best
Turns per mile sett up.
Enjoy.

Alan - from my iPad