Re: [Healeys] speedo questions

To: "Bluehealey" <bluehealey@gmail.com>, "Bob Haskell" <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] speedo questions
From: "Roger Grace" <roggrace@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:05:22 -0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
I have the same rear end/tire set up as Alan.
After a rolling measurement get a requirement of 1113.62 speedo TPM
Because of this issue (and my neurosis about accurate instrumentation ! ),
have just installed a stepper motor style digital speedo. This is a near
exact replica of the original Smiths as fitted to the BJ8 with blue high
beam indication,
same fonts etc. Only major difference is that the ODO/Trip is now a small
LCD; it and needle is driven by a pulse transducer that you install by
cutting the speedo cable; easy to make TPM mods.
Most people don't notice the difference at first glance.
Could post a pix if anyone is interested.
rg