Re: [Healeys] still overheating

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] still overheating
From: Frank Magnusson <fmags@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 16:53:00 -0500
Hi Ira,

A couple thoughts:

You might try running it with the thermostat removed.  That would completely
rule out the thermostat.  I've had bad ones right out of the box.  It will run
fine without a thermostat this time of year.

I wouldn't think the cause is a blown head gasket or there would be other
signs.  Usually you'll get white smoke out the tailpipe and you can smell the
burned antifreeze.

Most likely thing from my experience if not a thermostat is a water pump, or
the gauge.

Are you sure its not the gauge and its actually running at the correct temp?

Hope this helps,
Frank
'65 BJ8

Sent from my iPad