Re: [Healeys] Non-adjustable hub/boss

To: Michael Lempert <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non-adjustable hub/boss
From: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:42:41 -0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Lynn Martin / Forever Healeys <foreverhealeys@gmail.com>

--0000000000006d01d1057aa5fa32

Michael,

Feel free to include the photos of the modifications that I had Al Alfano
do to my Moto-Lita hub to make it work.  The machine work was done by
Alan's Dad, and while I got a good price, this sort of work in not
inexpensive!

Cheers,

Curt Arndt

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM <mlempert@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello folks. I am attempting to work with Moto-Lita to permanently fix an
> issue with their non-adjustable, steering wheel boss kit.  The problem is
> specific to the turn signal cancelation lever that installs at the bottom
> of the hub interior. It requires a platform at the bottom with a raised
> center which the lever fits around. Additionally, it is my understanding
> that the side wall of the hub must be machined slightly to allow clearanc=
> for the tab. I have received detail information from Curt Arndt, Lynn
> Martin, and Roger Moment. I have also received feedback from customers wh=
en
> the hub was delivered without proper corrections.
>
> I have been fixing them here ever since I received feedback about it but
> know that I sent many out before fully understanding the problem. I have
> asked Moto-Lita to correct the problem and have sent them detail
> measurements and pictures to aid in the explanation. Moto-Lita seems to
> think they are doing this just for me and have reported: =E2=80=9Cthis is=
 not
> something that has been brought to my attention before=E2=80=9D, which pu=
zzles me
> greatly. I am asking all of you who have had experience installing
> Moto-Lita non-adjustable hubs (B6) to provide me with your feedback
> specific to the fitting of the signal cancelation level.
>
> As a related note, the Moss product has the same issue, probably from
> having copied the Moto-Lita hub, but they do report the problem when
> selling, which means that they expect the customer to correct it.
>
> If you have experience with the Moto-Lita hub =E2=80=93 and please do not=
 confuse
> it with the Moss product =E2=80=93 please let me know and I will forward =
that on to
> Moto-Lita.
>
> Regards,
> Mike Lempert
> http://www.lempertwheels.com

--0000000000006d01d1057aa5fa32

s of the modifications that I had Al Alfano do to my Moto-Lita hub to make =
it work.=C2=A0 The machine work was done by Alan&#39;s Dad, and while I got=
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:mlempert@bellsouth.net";>mlempert@bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br=
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 an=20
issue with their non-adjustable, steering wheel boss kit.=C2=A0 The problem=
 is=20
specific to the turn signal cancelation lever that installs at the bottom o=
f the=20
hub interior. It requires a platform at the bottom with a raised center whi=
ch=20
the lever fits around. Additionally, it is my understanding that the side w=
all=20
of the hub must be machined slightly to allow clearance for the tab. I have=
=20
received detail information from Curt Arndt, Lynn Martin, and Roger Moment.=
 I=20
have also received feedback from customers when the hub was delivered witho=
ut=20
proper corrections. </div>
ut=20
know that I sent many out before fully understanding the problem. I have as=
ked=20
Moto-Lita to correct the problem and have sent them detail measurements and=
=20
pictures to aid in the explanation. Moto-Lita seems to think they are doing=
 this=20
just for me and have reported: =E2=80=9C<font face=3D"Times New Roman">this=
 is not=20
something that has been brought to my attention before</font>=E2=80=9D, whi=
ch puzzles me=20
greatly. I am asking all of you who have had experience installing Moto-Lit=
a=20
non-adjustable hubs (B6) to provide me with your feedback specific to the=
=20
fitting of the signal cancelation level.=C2=A0 </div>
=20
having copied the Moto-Lita hub, but they do report the problem when sellin=
g,=20
which means that they expect the customer to correct it. </div>
not confuse=20
it with the Moss product =E2=80=93 please let me know and I will forward th=
at on to=20
Moto-Lita. </div>
ards,<br>Mike=20
Lempert<br><a href=3D"http://www.lempertwheels.com"; target=3D"_blank">http:=