Re: [Healeys] Oil Cooler?

To: simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil Cooler?
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 21:02:11 -0500
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=g2wWty6jE+sy7U7hHYGmJB8ourtI+zL9L7ePemuE5lf6ZTA/YwiPRykkSzR3EzQQp69ZCUlspGCcdSRZRBeTq7RnZXXQZIKnelsiGHp8LpHJIYaZb8Esb1T5aAup8ARZpc4EFtmHsukn93c9akRmBds+EtxbH6S/vNphfLpy/kdynY6Jp+v8lqE57dVBJR6mBB2uyoF8bHByTVaXet2C6vnyW9/UsW4aWeP15ITRRf73BQZvkyhtwygUpTUJTJtsiIFzNXZ7VubhXpkd0nh1wWijX79fTc6QJzBOkppTEC+MN7pOkwj8TPnhqY2uQ6OqTE2u806QZoiK1AJFE4ce9Q==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Simon,

I bought a DW kit with the cooler two years ago and installed it.  I had
to rework the brackets a fair bit.  I removed some metal on one bracket
so it would clear the radiator overflow tube clip.  The oil cooler
mounting holes didn't line up with the oil cooler's holes.  DW "blamed"
this small issue on a design change by the oil cooler manufacturer.
Once the brackets were attached to the cooler, the assembly was too
wide.  I had to tack weld some washers to the inside of the brackets to
fill the space between the brackets and the radiator.  May-be the
radiator is narrower than stock; it's a OEM radiator that's been re-cored.

To install it, I think I had to offer up the cooler, slip in each
bracket, loosely install the nuts and bolts to attach the brackets to
the cooler, fit the lower radiator mounting bolts, then tighten
everything up.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 MkI registrar