Re: [Healeys] Corrosion on Clutch Master

To: Price Lindsay <050.rpl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Corrosion on Clutch Master
From: Michael Salter <michael.salter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 19:39:25 -0400
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000008f829f0587f02573

Hi Price you don't mention whether the corrosion is in the bore or on the
outside.
Corrosion on the outside is usually as indication that there is a small
leak of brake fluid.  On aluminum cylinders it produces a crusty white
deposit which is usually easily cleaned off. The leak will be under the
corrosion.
Corrosion in the bore is not so good but can often be corrected by
rebuilding the cylinder.
NEVER hone aluminum cylinder bores ... the cylinder will be irreparably
damaged.

On Thu, May 2, 2019, 6:18 PM R. Lindsay, <050.rpl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a small buildup of corrosion on the surface of my clutch master.
> Any ideas on what could be causing this?
>
> Thank you so much for the help.
>
> Price Lindsay
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--0000000000008f829f0587f02573

n the bore or on the outside.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto">Corrosion on the outsi=
de is usually as indication that there is a small leak of brake fluid.=C2=
=A0 On aluminum cylinders it produces a crusty white deposit which is usual=
ly easily cleaned off. The leak will be under the corrosion.=C2=A0</div><di=
v dir=3D"auto">Corrosion in the bore is not so good but can often be correc=
ted by rebuilding the cylinder.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">NEVER hone alu=
minum cylinder bores ... the cylinder will be irreparably damaged.</div><di=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, May 2, 2019, 6:18=
 PM R. Lindsay, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:050.rpl@gmail.com";>050.rpl@gmail.com<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I have a small build=
up of corrosion on the surface of my clutch master.=C2=A0 Any ideas on what=
 could be causing this?<br>
Thank you so much for the help.<br>
Price Lindsay<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>