Re: [Healeys] Simple camber adjustment fix?

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Simple camber adjustment fix?
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 10:20:30 -0400
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000050d850588c59f83

Steve--

As I recall I was your navigator on that run.  Maybe I should have had my
eyes on the road rather than the written materials....

Best--Michael Oritt

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:40 AM BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com> wrote:

> While running a rallye in my BJ8 in 2002, I had the misfortune of hitting
> an unexpected pothole which caused the left front shock to tear away from
> its mount on three sides.  The mount had already been weakened by too many
> years (pre-Allen Hendrix) of driving with out-of-balance tires that cracked
> the mount in multiple places under the shock.  Those cracks had been
> repaired by welding up the cracks.
>
> The damage from the pothole was repaired -- not a really pretty repair,
> since the shock now has those U-shaped shims under the outboard bolt
> holes.  However, the alignment is spot-on (judging from the handling and no
> excessive wear on the tires), and nothing has happened to the shock ears in
> almost 70,000 miles since then.
>
> Steve Byers
> HBJ8L/36666
> BJ8 Registry
> AHCA Delegate at Large
> Havelock, NC

 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333ff">As I recall I was your nav=
igator on that run.=C2=A0 Maybe I should have had my eyes on the road rathe=
r than the written materials....</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D=
"color:#3333ff"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"color:#3333=
v dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:40 AM BJ8Heale=