[Healeys] Differential Installation

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Differential Installation
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 02:29:34 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_282028_315064500.1559788174500

OK, so I am very familiar with Bugeyes.=C2=A0 It is no problem attaching th=
e differential to a quarter elliptical leaf spring.=C2=A0 Today I finished =
the installation of the leaf springs on my BN2 and with the help of my son =
we muscled the differential (with the pumpkin) kind of in place above the t=
wo frame rails.=C2=A0 Excuse my ignorance, but what is the procedure to bri=
ng the attachment point on the axle in contact with the center of the leaf =
spring?=C2=A0 As it sits right now I am having a tough time figuring this o=
ut.=C2=A0 Do I jack up the center of the leaf spring with a jack until the =
u-bolt can get the nuts started?=C2=A0 When I got this basket case, the rea=
r end was held in with a come-a-long=C2=A0 and the leaf springs were gone, =
by just cutting them off with a torch.=C2=A0 No experience here guys.=C2=A0=
 Just a suggestion or two would be great.Mike MacLean

------=_Part_282028_315064500.1559788174500

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div>OK, so I a=
m very familiar with Bugeyes.&nbsp; It is no problem attaching the differen=
tial to a quarter elliptical leaf spring.&nbsp; Today I finished the instal=
lation of the leaf springs on my BN2 and with the help of my son we muscled=
 the differential (with the pumpkin) kind of in place above the two frame r=
ails.&nbsp; Excuse my ignorance, but what is the procedure to bring the att=
achment point on the axle in contact with the center of the leaf spring?&nb=
sp; As it sits right now I am having a tough time figuring this out.&nbsp; =
Do I jack up the center of the leaf spring with a jack until the u-bolt can=
 get the nuts started?&nbsp; When I got this basket case, the rear end was =
held in with a come-a-long&nbsp; and the leaf springs were gone, by just cu=
tting them off with a torch.&nbsp; No experience here guys.&nbsp; Just a su=
y></html>
------=_Part_282028_315064500.1559788174500--

--===============6378866174659199664==