Re: [Healeys] Door seal retaining clip question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Door seal retaining clip question
From: Oliver Viitamaki <ov@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:39:04 -0700

--------------8A6BD7345E5370343B5F4CDD

     To complete this discovery work, with help from the list, and some
personal emails, the clip that Roger Moment used in the article is Moss
part number 249-795. There are likely other suppliers.

     The clip, Moss part number 803-410 suggested by Michael Salter, is
used to hold the furry inside door window seal, and is a little
different in shape, than that used in Roger's article. It may work
equally well.

     At this time both clips are available at Moss Motors.

     ov

On 23-Jun.-2019 8:23 a.m., Stephen Hutchings wrote:
> Also, see John Simâ??s site for the installation instructions.
> http://healey6.com/Technical/BristleflexInstructions.pdf
>
> There are definitely a couple of details that you have to be told
> about that help keep everything in place.
> I put mine in about four years ago, and so far, so good.
>
> Good luck,
> Stephen, BJ8
>

>> On Jun 23, 2019, at 11:00 AM, HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com
>>
>> Most of us who have tried to fit door seals, even with the clips,
>> have found they don't stay in place.  Weatherstripping adhesive
>> doesn't help either.  The only solution I'm aware of is the
>> Bristleflex seals sold by Martin MacGregor.
>> https://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/ Don't bother trying to order
>> online as Martin just isn't very good at responding that way.  Call
>> him by phone, spend the money, and save yourself hours of frustration.
>>
>> Happy Healeying,
>> Rick Neville
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 9:46 PM Michael Salter
>>
>>     I'm not sure that they are still available Oliver but the moss
>>     numbers that I have is 803-410.
>>
>>     I have some if you have no luck there.

>>     On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 7:52 PM Oliver Viitamaki <ov@telus.net
>>
>>              Hi,
>>
>>              In Roger Moment's Healey Restoration Methods,
>>         (Austin-Healey
>>         Magazine, Aug-Sept 2010), Restoration Tips, Part 31, Page 30,
>>         photograph
>>         #28 he shows a clip which is inserted into the door seal, to
>>         better
>>         retain it. Does anyone have a manufacturer and part number
>>         for that clip?
>>
>>              I'm in the process of installing the door seals, on a
>>         BJ8, and just
>>         as Roger states, the seal is now manufactured with an
>>         aluminum core,
>>         instead of steel,  and the aluminum core fails to adequately
>>         retain the
>>         seal, on the flange.
>>
>>              Thanks in advance
>>
>>              ov

> Suggested annual donation  $12.75

> Healeys@autox.team.net

--------------8A6BD7345E5370343B5F4CDD

  <head>
  </head>
      some personal emails, the clip that Roger Moment used in the
      article is Moss part number 249-795. There are likely other
      suppliers.</p>
      Salter, is used to hold the furry inside door window seal, and is
      a little different in shape, than that used in Roger's article. It
      may work equally well.</p>
      Hutchings wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:7DEF2121-326D-40FF-83C1-98CE89093DD5@rogers.com">
      Also, see John Simâ??s site for the installation instructions.
          href="http://healey6.com/Technical/BristleflexInstructions.pdf";
          class=""
moz-do-not-send="true">http://healey6.com/Technical/BristleflexInstructions.pdf</a></div>
          have to be told about that help keep everything in place.</div>
          good.</div>
                &lt;<a href="mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; class=""
                  moz-do-not-send="true">healeyrik@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                wrote:</div>
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.macgregorukcarparts.com/</a>
                  Don't bother trying to order online as Martin just
                  isn't very good at responding that way.  Call him by
                  phone, spend the money, and save yourself hours of
                  frustration.
                    at 9:46 PM Michael Salter &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com"; class=""
                      moz-do-not-send="true">michaelsalter@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br class="">
                    0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                    rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                        style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                        ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">I'm not
                        sure that they are still available Oliver but
                        the moss numbers that I have is 803-410.</div>
                        style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                        ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br
                          class="">
                        style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                        ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have some
                        if you have no luck there.<br class="">
                        style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                        ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br
                          class="">
                        style="font-family:&quot;comic sans
                        ms&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:small">M<br
                          class="">
                        2019 at 7:52 PM Oliver Viitamaki &lt;<a
                          href="mailto:ov@telus.net"; target="_blank"
                          class="" moz-do-not-send="true">ov@telus.net</a>&gt;
                        wrote:<br class="">
                        0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                        rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">     Hi,<br
                          class="">
                             In Roger Moment's Healey Restoration
                        Methods, (Austin-Healey <br class="">
                        Magazine, Aug-Sept 2010), Restoration Tips, Part
                        31, Page 30, photograph <br class="">
                        #28 he shows a clip which is inserted into the
                        door seal, to better <br class="">
                        retain it. Does anyone have a manufacturer and
                        part number for that clip?<br class="">
                             I'm in the process of installing the door
                        seals, on a BJ8, and just <br class="">
                        as Roger states, the seal is now manufactured
                        with an aluminum core, <br class="">
                        instead of steel,  and the aluminum core fails
                        to adequately retain the <br class="">
                        seal, on the flange.<br class="">
                             Thanks in advance<br class="">
                             ov<br class="">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Support Team.Net <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"