Re: [Healeys] Brake Light Switch

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Light Switch
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 20:01:30 -0700
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Roger Moment did an article a couple months ago in Austin-Healey
Magazine about using a mechanical/electrical switch.  I bought the
switch but haven't installed it; was really hoping the RFR switch would
do the trick.  My current switch (heh) was working, I just had to hit
the pedal harder than I though I should have to to activate the lights.
I've had other motorists tell me my brake lights weren't working--I put
LEDs in a couple years ago, and I know they're visible--but I think it's
partly because I coast and/or engine brake instead of jackrabbiting into
stop signs/lights and slamming on the brakes like so many drivers do.

Guess I'll put a new, stock switch in and see if that helps.

Bob