Re: [Healeys] Valve Clearances for an M

To: Steven Kingsbury <airtightproductions@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Valve Clearances for an M
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:31:35 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--00000000000054451e0590ac5414

.015 with a hotter cam. Check the archives, quite a bit of chatter on this
a few months back.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019, 6:56 PM Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> OK folks, I know the setting for valve clearances on a 100 is 0.012, but
> when a hotter cam gets put in to a 100 with larger carbs and different
> pistons, does it stay 0.012? I am going to check all of the clearances on
> the set up as it sits now before I do any adjusting of anything, but
> thought I would run this by everyone before I touch or move anything.
> Thanks in advance.
>    And just as an update, I got the OA6 Rich needles in now, I brought
> both jets up in the carbs evenly and then let them back down 12 flats each,
> so I've now got a base line to work with. I am re-installing the alternator
> conversion that was Mickey Moused into position with the Moss/AH Spares
> kit, which is quite nice nice and then I also just got a Snap On timing
> light so I can set the advance accurately. It's coming along, slowly, but
> that's okay, I'm in no big hurry, I just want it right as I plan on driving
> the wheels off of this car.
>    Thanks again for any information you might pass along!
> Steven Kingsbury
> Hopped Up BN1
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--00000000000054451e0590ac5414

 the archives, quite a bit of chatter on this a few months back.<br><br><di=
v data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">Ira Erbs<br>Portland, OR<br>typos and =
e"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Aug 21, 2019, 6:56 PM Stev=
en Kingsbury via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>heal=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
div><div>OK folks, I know the setting for valve clearances on a 100 is 0.01=
2, but when a hotter cam gets put in to a 100 with larger carbs and differe=
nt pistons, does it stay 0.012? I am going to check all of the clearances o=
n the set up as it sits now before I do any adjusting of anything, but thou=
ght I would run this by everyone before I touch or move anything. Thanks in=
 advance.</div><div>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0And just as an update, I got the OA6 =
Rich needles in now, I brought both jets up in the carbs evenly and then le=
t them back down 12 flats each, so I&#39;ve now got a base line to work wit=
h. I am re-installing the alternator conversion that was Mickey Moused into=
 position with the Moss/AH Spares kit, which is quite nice nice and then I =
also just got a Snap On timing light so I can set the advance accurately. I=
t&#39;s coming along, slowly, but that&#39;s okay, I&#39;m in no big hurry,=
 I just want it right as I plan on driving the wheels off of this car.</div=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=