[Healeys] Pebble Beach Class Winner for sale

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Pebble Beach Class Winner for sale
From: editorgary--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 19:41:34 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1118593_571112251.1581450094397

I just got a phone call this morning from a friend who had heard from some
local folks in the Pebble Beach Sportscar Club that "a 1954 Healey 100 that had
been a class winner at Pebble Beach would be coming up for sale at auction
soon" but he didn't know anything more than that.
SInce my friend doesn't know much Healey history, he wouldn't know that there
was one and only one Austin-Healey 100 that ever appeared on the field at the
Pebble Beach Concours (there was a much-modified Healey-based car a year or two
ago in a special racing class, but that doesn't count here). That would have
been the original demo Healey that Donald Healey drove crosscountry in 1953,
and that Healey was shown at Pebble Beach with a best-in-class or best-in-show
award to its credit (I've forgotten which, and my book is moot on the point,
but does note that the car is still in existence and owned by a private party).
So, does anyone know anything more about the potential sale of the demo car, or
some car that sounds similar?

Let us know.
Gary Anderson

------=_Part_1118593_571112251.1581450094397

heard from some local folks in the Pebble Beach Sportscar Club that "a 1954
Healey 100 that had been a class winner at Pebble Beach would be coming up for
sale at auction soon" but he didn't know anything more than that.</font></div>

wouldn't know that there was one and only one Austin-Healey 100 that ever
appeared on the field at the Pebble Beach Concours (there was a much-modified
Healey-based car a year or two ago in a special racing class, but that doesn't
count here). That would have been the original demo Healey that Donald Healey
drove crosscountry in 1953, and that Healey was shown at Pebble Beach with a
best-in-class or best-in-show award to its credit (I've forgotten which, and my
book is moot on the point, but does note that the car is still in existence and
owned by a private party).</font></div>

of the demo car, or some car that sounds similar?<br>

Gary Anderson<br>

------=_Part_1118593_571112251.1581450094397--

--===============4939384012346306168==