Re: [Healeys] Pebble Beach Class Winner for sale

To: Gary Anderson <editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pebble Beach Class Winner for sale
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:44:34 -0500
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000002f6ec5059e52ed5d

Gary,

It was a Best of Show winner.  Here's a pic:
https://pebblebeachconcours.net/gallery/best-of-show/

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 2:42 PM editorgary--- via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I just got a phone call this morning from a friend who had heard from some
> local folks in the Pebble Beach Sportscar Club that "a 1954 Healey 100 that
> had been a class winner at Pebble Beach would be coming up for sale at
> auction soon" but he didn't know anything more than that.
>
> SInce my friend doesn't know much Healey history, he wouldn't know that
> there was one and only one Austin-Healey 100 that ever appeared on the
> field at the Pebble Beach Concours (there was a much-modified Healey-based
> car a year or two ago in a special racing class, but that doesn't count
> here). That would have been the original demo Healey that Donald Healey
> drove crosscountry in 1953, and that Healey was shown at Pebble Beach with
> a best-in-class or best-in-show award to its credit (I've forgotten which,
> and my book is moot on the point, but does note that the car is still in
> existence and owned by a private party).
>
> So, does anyone know anything more about the potential sale of the demo
> car, or some car that sounds similar?
>
> Let us know.
>
> Gary Anderson
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik@gmail.com

--0000000000002f6ec5059e52ed5d

=A0 Here&#39;s a pic:=C2=A0=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://pebblebeachconcours.net=
/gallery/best-of-show/">https://pebblebeachconcours.net/gallery/best-of-sho=
gmail_attr">On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 2:42 PM editorgary--- via Healeys &lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
o had heard from some local folks in the Pebble Beach Sportscar Club that &=
quot;a 1954 Healey 100 that had been a class winner at Pebble Beach would b=
e coming up for sale at auction soon&quot; but he didn&#39;t know anything =
more than that.</font></div>

 he wouldn&#39;t know that there was one and only one Austin-Healey 100 tha=
t ever appeared on the field at the Pebble Beach Concours (there was a much=
-modified Healey-based car a year or two ago in a special racing class, but=
 that doesn&#39;t count here). That would have been the original demo Heale=
y that Donald Healey drove crosscountry in 1953, and that Healey was shown =
at Pebble Beach with a best-in-class or best-in-show award to its credit (I=
&#39;ve forgotten which, and my book is moot on the point, but does note th=
at the car is still in existence and owned by a private party).</font></div=

l sale of the demo car, or some car that sounds similar?<br>

Gary Anderson<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=