Re: [Healeys] Oil Pressure

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil Pressure
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 21:39:50 +0200

--------------2F7D08CB5CEE5485F0008373

Any baffles in the sump? The oil is probably slushing around when
braking hard. If the dipstick is the original do not raise the oil
level. Adhere to max because if the level is too high frothing of the
oil may occur resulting in loss of oil pressure.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 9-5-2020 om 20:24 schreef Roger Grace:

> '67 BJ8 with recently rebuilt engine and cast alloy oil pan by PO.
> 7 Qts VR1shows marginally above top dip stick mark.
> Oil cooler
> Normal running and idle OP is fine
>
> Would welcome comments from more experienced listers.
> When oil is really hot - after a run after and after moderate hard
> braking (not panic stop) OP falls to zero for about 2-3 secs before
> recovering to normal - around 48 psi. Not noticed when oil is cold.
>
> My thoughts:
>
> Are there differences in the length of the pump input strainer assembly ?
>
> Maybe should be using more oil with the extra oil cooler volume ?
> Maybe this dip stick is incorrect for this type of sump ?
>
> This is bad for my BP - particularly when watching zero on gauge and
> waiting for it to pick up !!
>
> Thank you
> rg

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------2F7D08CB5CEE5485F0008373

  <head>
  </head>
      braking hard. If the dipstick is the original do not raise the oil
      level. Adhere to max because if the level is too high frothing of
      the oil may occur resulting in loss of oil pressure.</p>
      Grace:<br>
cite="mid:1035127235.99423591.1589048671014.JavaMail.zimbra@mailid.telus.net">
font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;}</style>
font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;}</style></div>
        by PO.</div>
        hard braking (not panic stop) OP falls to zero for about 2-3
        secs before recovering to normal - around 48 psi. Not noticed
        when oil is cold.<br>
        strainer assembly ?<br>
        volume ? Maybe this dip stick is incorrect for this type of sump
        ?<br>
        gauge and waiting for it to pick up !!<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"