[Healeys] Tapitty tapping of Fuel Pump

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tapitty tapping of Fuel Pump
From: editorgary--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 01:12:02 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1123694_1512420615.1592788322490

Yesterday I took my Healey BN& out for its first good run of the season -- 75
miles of southern Oregon backroads -- with our local Rogue Euro Car Group.
Everything was terrific from start to finish. Car started on the first push of
the button after sitting for six weeks, ran smoothly from start to finish,
never faltered in restarts, everything nominal.
Except that, towards the end of the run on a pretty hot day (in mid 90s though
the car never ran warm all day) as I was cruising along about 40 mph, the fuel
pump started tapping at a high rate of speed and pretty continuously -- certain
enough so I could hear it behind me. I have a standard original-spec
points-style fuel pump, purchased new from Moss about 10 years ago and running
without any issues every since.

Any thoughts from anyone -- could it just have been the heat? As noted, the car
never missed a beat, so fuel was getting through the carbs smoothly at all
times.

Anyone?
Gary Anderson

------=_Part_1123694_1512420615.1592788322490

run of the season -- 75 miles of southern Oregon backroads -- with our local
Rogue Euro Car Group. Everything was terrific from start to finish. Car started
on the first push of the button after sitting for six weeks, ran smoothly from
start to finish, never faltered in restarts, everything nominal.</font></div>

Except that, towards the end of the run on a pretty hot day (in mid 90s though
the car never ran warm all day) as I was cruising along about 40 mph, the fuel
pump started tapping at a high rate of speed and pretty continuously -- certain
enough so I could hear it behind me. I have a standard original-spec
points-style fuel pump, purchased new from Moss about 10 years ago and running
without any issues every since. <br>

heat? As noted, the car never missed a beat, so fuel was getting through the
carbs smoothly at all times. <br>

------=_Part_1123694_1512420615.1592788322490--

--===============7177642401412224932==