Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery leak update
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 20:29:03 -0800

--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6

Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or
paint from the steering column?

At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky comment
here ;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I can smell a
gas leak from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the other senses
attenuated, smell takes precedence).

On 11/21/2020 3:40 PM, Leonard Berkowitz via Healeys wrote:
> Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It
> turned out to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on the
> rear carb. It was dripping onto the steering column and running down
> to the steering box. Still need to check to see if is just a loose
> connection or the pipe is broken.

--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    Odd you didn't smell the gas, and what was the 'black' color, oil or
    paint from the steering column?<br>
    At age 67, nothing works as well as it used to--insert snarky
    comment here ;)--but my sense of smell is better than ever, and I
    can smell a gas leak from 50 feet away. Go figure (maybe with the
    other senses attenuated, smell takes precedence).<br>
      Berkowitz via Healeys wrote:<br>
cite="mid:MN2PR13MB350379E33FCDC30CCC4AA784B8FE0@MN2PR13MB3503.namprd13.prod.outlook.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
      Just figured out where the mystery fluid leak was coming from. It
      turned out to be gasoline leaking from the float to jet pipe on
      the rear carb. It was dripping<span
        style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent;
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"> onto the steering column and
        running down to the steering box. Still need to check to see if
        is just a loose connection or the pipe is broken. </span>

--------------5DA998C4CCF9D2CBA08B68D6--

--===============6629103682914753924==