Re: [Healeys] Fan Belt

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fan Belt
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:09:20 +0100

--------------9C6D8BC02E3928E515D87D41

Why not measure first. The width of the belt is the width of the top of
the groove in the pulley. The length is measured over the outer diameter
of the pulleys with the generator/alternator adjusted as loose as possible.

With those measurements the parts shop or web shop should be well able
to sell you the correct belt which could well deviate from what Moss or
equivalent has in their catalogue. In Europe these measurements are in
mm, I presume that it would be in inches in the USA.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 15-1-2021 om 14:33 schreef Perry Small via Healeys:
> Also be aware that there are two different length adjusting links used on big
> Austin Healeys.
>

> Sent from my iPhone

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------9C6D8BC02E3928E515D87D41

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      top of the groove in the pulley. The length is measured over the
      outer diameter of the pulleys with the generator/alternator
      adjusted as loose as possible.</p>
      able to sell you the correct belt which could well deviate from
      what Moss or equivalent has in their catalogue. In Europe these
      measurements are in mm, I presume that it would be in inches in
      the USA.</p>
      Small via Healeys:<br>
      cite="mid:23AA20A8-8DED-4C42-8793-95DDD06DAC51@aol.com">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Also be aware that there are two
different length adjusting links used on big Austin Healeys.

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">

Sent from my iPhone</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"