Re: [Healeys] Rear Wheel Cylinder Retainers

To: "bspidell@comcast.net" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear Wheel Cylinder Retainers
From: healeyguy--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 18:28:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>

------=_Part_710808_590708783.1610994513816

Bob etalMechanically it would make sense that the curve (bulge) part of the=
 spring plate is against the greased backing plate to minimize the contact =
area thereby being a best case for sliding movement.=C2=A0 The locking plat=
e, being flat, minimizes the tilt=C2=A0 or rocking of the wheel cylinder. G=
ranted when everything is in place the bulge is minimal as is the=C2=A0move=
ment of the assembly. I guess compared to the BN1 set up, this is a modern =
marvel!