[Healeys] Fuel Line Install?

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Line Install?
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 02:26:36 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_864791_1576301900.1611023196019

Is there some special technique to installing the fuel line to the tank of =
a 100?=C2=A0 With the hole exiting the vertical wall of the boot, the radiu=
s bend necessary for the 90 degree connection and the raised rim. Of the th=
readed bung in the tank it seems impossible.=C2=A0 I bought pre-bent brake =
and fuel lines several years ago from Doug Finespanner.=C2=A0 The brake lin=
es were pretty close.=C2=A0 Some judicious bending and no problem.=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0Not exactly concour but presentable.=C2=A0 The fuel lines are a diffe=
rent matter.Thicker wall, harder to bend steel tubing and pre-bent in this =
case is a term you can use loosely.=C2=A0 After a couple hours of bending t=
his way and that, I finally got one end of the line connected to the pump.=
=C2=A0 Then I went into the trunk and the curve in the line was exiting the=
 hole in the vertical wall at 45 degrees.=C2=A0 More bending, but have to b=
e careful.=C2=A0 It's a tight bend close to the end of the tubing.=C2=A0 Ki=
nd of close now, but now I can't lift the tubing enough to put it in the th=
readed hole in the tank.=C2=A0 What the heck?Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_864791_1576301900.1611023196019

Is there some special technique to installing the fuel line to the tank of =
a 100?&nbsp; With the hole exiting the vertical wall of the boot, the radiu=
s bend necessary for the 90 degree connection and the raised rim. Of the th=
readed bung in the tank it seems impossible.&nbsp; I bought pre-bent brake =
and fuel lines several years ago from Doug Finespanner.&nbsp; The brake lin=
es were pretty close.&nbsp; Some judicious bending and no problem.&nbsp; &n=
bsp;Not exactly concour but presentable.&nbsp; The fuel lines are a differe=
nt matter.Thicker wall, harder to bend steel tubing and pre-bent in this ca=
se is a term you can use loosely.&nbsp; After a couple hours of bending thi=
s way and that, I finally got one end of the line connected to the pump.&nb=
sp; Then I went into the trunk and the curve in the line was exiting the ho=
le in the vertical wall at 45 degrees.&nbsp; More bending, but have to be c=
areful.&nbsp; It's a tight bend close to the end of the tubing.&nbsp; Kind =
of close now, but now I can't lift the tubing enough to put it in the threa=
ded hole in the tank.&nbsp; What the heck?<div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementTra=
cker_1611023180612">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id=3D"ymail_android_signature"=
><a id=3D"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/10787=
2968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__Andro=
idUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&=
amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a><=
/div></div>
------=_Part_864791_1576301900.1611023196019--

--===============2445868393449418908==