Re: [Healeys] wiring harness

To: "'Michael MacLean'" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] wiring harness
From: gradea1@charter.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:53:30 +0000 Rw6c1M/02wP4GKxge+CpE5RZ7Mr94ybJ76mTFlAqV4rWnUpCXLNeQ/rIVpnDkhryk77ttCQRmJrK6Sv95SuzQKtMRQK2mgkPpsQ=
Cc: 'Healeys' <healeys@autox.team.net>

--=_954406bb8be26381304c56a1351588ac

Mike- I noticed a 50A (non Lucas) fuse sitting in the lower position=0Ao=
f the fuse box. Hope when you finish the wiring that a 35A Lucas or a=0A=
15A Buss goes in there. The 50A should go on the battery clips above=0Aa=
nd if not Lucas Brand then use a 25A Buss fuse. British fuses,=0Alabeled=
 as such, are 1/2 of the Amp value we use in the US. If you=0Asubstitute=
 them with American fuses of equal value they will never=0Ablow when nee=
ded. Just an observation toward safety...Hank=0A=0A=09------------------=
-----------------------From: "Michael MacLean" =0ATo: "Healeys"=0ACc:=
 =0ASent: Monday January 18 2021 11:48:30PM=0ASubject: [Healeys] Late Mo=
nday night rant.=0A=0A  Was in the engine bay doing some preliminary wir=
ing of components=0Atonight. Specifically, the fuse block and the voltag=
e regulator.=0ALooking at a wiring diagram, the way you see in the two p=
ictures is=0Amostly correct, but look at what the arrows are pointing at=
. At the=0Apoint in the harness where the wires come out of the loom for=
 the fuse=0Ablock, you can see on the right hand side the arrow is point=
ing to a=0Abrown wire with a green stripe. Good so far. Now look what th=
e arrow=0Ais pointing at on the other side of the fuse block. It's a lar=
ge solid=0Abrown wire. Now in the wiring diagram this brown wire is supp=
osed to=0Abe a continuation of the brown with a green stripe wire. That=
 brown=0Awire with the green strip that was supposed to be there goes to=
 the=0A"A" connection of the voltage regulator. Now look at the picture=
 of=0Athe voltage regulator and notice what the orange arrow is pointing=
 at.=0AIt is the other end of the plain, large brown wire! The electrica=
l=0Aconnections are correct. The color coding of the harness is not. I=
=0Ahave just started wiring. What else might I find in the rest of the=
=0Aharness? This harness was a gift from my late friend Tom Rocke. It wa=
s=0Aone of many free parts he supplied for this rebuild. Don't know if I=
=0Ashould complain about a free harness. Mike MacLean=0A

--=_954406bb8be26381304c56a1351588ac

 lower position of the fuse box. Hope when you finish the wiring that a=
 35A Lucas or a 15A Buss goes in there. The 50A should go on the battery=
 clips above and if not Lucas Brand then use a 25A Buss fuse.&nbsp; Brit=
ish fuses, labeled as such, are 1/2 of the Amp value we use in the US.&n=
bsp; If you substitute them with American fuses of equal value they will=
 never blow when needed. Just an observation toward safety...Hank<br><br=
--------------</p>From: "Michael MacLean" <rrengineer.mike@att.net><br>T=
ct: [Healeys] Late Monday night rant.<br><br>=0A<div class=3D"yahoo-styl=
e-wrap" style=3D"font-family:'times new roman', 'new york', times, serif=
;font-size:16px;">=0A<div dir=3D"ltr">Was in the engine bay doing some=
=0Apreliminary wiring of components tonight.&nbsp; Specifically, the=0Af=
use block and the voltage regulator.&nbsp; Looking at a wiring=0Adiagram=
, the way you see in the two pictures is mostly correct, but=0Alook at w=
hat the arrows are pointing at.&nbsp; At the point in the=0Aharness wher=
e the wires come out of the loom for the fuse block,=0Ayou can see on th=
e right hand side the arrow is pointing to a brown=0Awire with a green s=
tripe.&nbsp; Good so far.&nbsp; Now look what=0Athe arrow is pointing at=
 on the other side of the fuse block.&nbsp;=0AIt's a large solid brown w=
ire.&nbsp; Now in the wiring diagram this=0Abrown wire is supposed to be=
 a continuation of the brown with a=0Agreen stripe wire.&nbsp; That brow=
n wire with the green strip that=0Awas supposed to be there goes to the=
 "A" connection of the voltage=0Aregulator.&nbsp; Now look at the pictur=
e of the voltage regulator=0Aand notice what the orange arrow is pointin=
g at. It is the other=0Aend of the plain, large brown wire!&nbsp; The el=
ectrical=0Aconnections are correct.&nbsp; The color coding of the harnes=
s is=0Anot.&nbsp; I have just started wiring.&nbsp; What else might I fi=
nd=0Ain the rest of the harness?&nbsp; This harness was a gift from my=
=0Alate friend Tom Rocke.&nbsp; It was one of many free parts he=0Asuppl=
ied for this rebuild.&nbsp; Don't know if I should complain=0Aabout a fr=
/rrengineer.mike@att.net></body></html>

--=_954406bb8be26381304c56a1351588ac--

--===============3721967834004036220==