Re: [Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question
From: Michael MacLean via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 02:07:34 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_917371_1269562033.1614391654089

 No one knows the answer to my question I guess, but that's OK.=C2=A0 I cal=
led Rhode Island Wiring today and talked to a 41 year employee that only wo=
rks 3 days a week now at 70 years old.=C2=A0 He looked it up for me and sai=
d even their expensive BN2 main harness did not include a connection from t=
he overdrive relay to the transmission switch.=C2=A0 According to his recor=
ds of past original wiring harnesses from BN2 cars they use as example, it =
is a single braided wire with a woven covering of white with purple tracers=
 encased in a vinyl sheath.=C2=A0 On one end is a forked terminal to connec=
t to the relay.=C2=A0 I was told this wire is 48 inches long.=C2=A0 Then a =
length of brown with purple wire is between the switch and the solenoid wit=
h a sleeve connector in the middle.=C2=A0 Supposedly to service the solenoi=
d.=C2=A0 So, problem solved.=C2=A0 Just have to order the wire and componen=
ts now.Mike MacLean=C2=A0=20

    On Friday, February 26, 2021, 10:18:56 AM PST, Michael MacLean via Heal=
eys <healeys@autox.team.net> wrote: =20
=20
 In the middle of my BN2 re-wire and I have come across a bit of a kink.=C2=
=A0 If you check the Moss catalog they list an overdrive harness for the BN=
1 and the BN4 through BJ8.=C2=A0 No listing for the BN2.=C2=A0 The wiring h=
arness I am installing is a Moss cloth/PVC harness.=C2=A0 There connection =
I am concerned about today is the connection from the overdrive relay conne=
ction C2 to the transmission switch.=C2=A0 The original wiring diagram for =
the BN2 in the service manual shows a single white wire with green stripe f=
rom C2 on the relay to the transmission switch.=C2=A0 The harness I have ha=
s the connection from C2 to the throttle switch (same color wire) within th=
e main harness.=C2=A0 Really this connection is only inches apart, but ther=
e is no white wire with a green stripe other than that coming out of the ha=
rness at this point.=C2=A0 This leads me to believe this is just a single w=
ire that runs from the overdrive relay to the transmission switch.=C2=A0 Ha=
s anyone that has wired a BN2 run into this?=C2=A0 I would like to know wha=
t gauge wire to use=C2=A0 because I do not know the amperage this wire has =
to carry.=C2=A0 How long of a wire would this be approximately?=C2=A0 I wou=
ld like to order it from British Wiring with a woven sheath (black with whi=
te dots) to make it look somewhat period.=C2=A0 No having the transmission =
installed yet makes figuring the length a little difficult. I'd rather be t=
oo long with this wire than the alternative.Mike MacLean

r.mike@att.net

 =20
------=_Part_917371_1269562033.1614391654089

=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px;"=
y question I guess, but that's OK.&nbsp; I called Rhode Island Wiring today=
 and talked to a 41 year employee that only works 3 days a week now at 70 y=
ears old.&nbsp; He looked it up for me and said even their expensive BN2 ma=
in harness did not include a connection from the overdrive relay to the tra=
nsmission switch.&nbsp; According to his records of past original wiring ha=
rnesses from BN2 cars they use as example, it is a single braided wire with=
 a woven covering of white with purple tracers encased in a vinyl sheath.&n=
bsp; On one end is a forked terminal to connect to the relay.&nbsp; I was t=
old this wire is 48 inches long.&nbsp; Then a length of brown with purple w=
ire is between the switch and the solenoid with a sleeve connector in the m=
iddle.&nbsp; Supposedly to service the solenoid.&nbsp; So, problem solved.&=
nbsp; Just have to order the wire and components now.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
       =20
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">