Re: [Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question

To: "'Michael MacLean'" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question
From: Henry G Leach via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 02:39:35 +0000 SFr/xA1NjgzRRokXIhL5CcNzffTB2ZaZ4LBpWhjb26Dwo10V/FKm9co+f5yNf3b9uPb3lDKJeoeVOdjlqj2r9hrBxESRuW8zpzA=
Cc: 'Healeys' <healeys@autox.team.net>

--=_b8b0742100f219eda7aa40a7a32e08ef

Michael-you talked to the right person, Mark Hoover. He is very=0Aknowle=
dgeable and exacting. His description of the wire you needed is=0Aright=
 on. He has created a huge file of correct harness information=0Afor eve=
ry Healey and many other cars as well.=0AEven though RI Wiring is a bit=
 pricy for these items..."you get what=0Ayou pay for". Also the saying-"=
you can't buy that kind of information"=0Adoes not apply with RIW...I fo=
und them to be the best and when Mark=0Aretires, he will leave a legacy=
 of good data, that hopefully someone=0Aelse in the firm will pick up, a=
nd run with the ball. Hank=0A=0A=09-------------------------------------=
----From: "Michael MacLean via=0AHealeys" =0ATo: "Healeys"=0ACc: =0ASent=
: Friday February 26 2021 6:09:40PM=0ASubject: Re: [Healeys] Yet Another=
 Wiring Question=0A=0A  No one knows the answer to my question I guess,=
 but that's OK. I=0Acalled Rhode Island Wiring today and talked to a 41=
 year employee that=0Aonly works 3 days a week now at 70 years old. He l=
ooked it up for me=0Aand said even their expensive BN2 main harness did=
 not include a=0Aconnection from the overdrive relay to the transmission=
 switch.=0AAccording to his records of past original wiring harnesses fr=
om BN2=0Acars they use as example, it is a single braided wire with a wo=
ven=0Acovering of white with purple tracers encased in a vinyl sheath. O=
n=0Aone end is a forked terminal to connect to the relay. I was told thi=
s=0Awire is 48 inches long. Then a length of brown with purple wire is=
=0Abetween the switch and the solenoid with a sleeve connector in the=0A=
middle. Supposedly to service the solenoid. So, problem solved. Just=0Ah=
ave to order the wire and components now. Mike MacLean =0A=0A    On Frid=
ay, February 26, 2021, 10:18:56 AM PST, Michael MacLean via=0AHealeys  w=
rote: =0A=0A     In the middle of my BN2 re-wire and I have come across=
 a bit of a=0Akink. If you check the Moss catalog they list an overdrive=
 harness for=0Athe BN1 and the BN4 through BJ8. No listing for the BN2.=
 The wiring=0Aharness I am installing is a Moss cloth/PVC harness. There=
 connection=0AI am concerned about today is the connection from the over=
drive relay=0Aconnection C2 to the transmission switch. The original wir=
ing diagram=0Afor the BN2 in the service manual shows a single white wir=
e with green=0Astripe from C2 on the relay to the transmission switch. T=
he harness I=0Ahave has the connection from C2 to the throttle switch (s=
ame color=0Awire) within the main harness. Really this connection is onl=
y inches=0Aapart, but there is no white wire with a green stripe other t=
han that=0Acoming out of the harness at this point. This leads me to bel=
ieve this=0Ais just a single wire that runs from the overdrive relay to=
 the=0Atransmission switch. Has anyone that has wired a BN2 run into thi=
s? I=0Awould like to know what gauge wire to use because I do not know t=
he=0Aamperage this wire has to carry. How long of a wire would this be=
=0Aapproximately? I would like to order it from British Wiring with a=0A=
woven sheath (black with white dots) to make it look somewhat period.=0A=
No having the transmission installed yet makes figuring the length a=0Al=
ittle difficult. I'd rather be too long with this wire than the=0Aaltern=
ative. Mike MacLean=0A    ______________________________________________=
_=0A Support Team.Net  [1]http://www.team.net/donate.html [2]=0A Suggest=
ed annual donation $12.75=0A=0A Archive:  [3]http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/healeys [4] =0A[5]http://autox.team.net/archive [6]=0A=0AHealeys@auto=
eys/rrengineer.mike@att.net=0A[10]=0A=0A   =0A=0ALinks:=0A------=0A[1] h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html=0A[2] http://www.team.net/donate.html=0A[=
3] http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys=0A[4] http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/healeys=0A[5] http://autox.team.net/archive=0A[6] http://autox.team=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net=0A[10]=0Ahttp://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/rrengineer.mike@att.net=0A

--=_b8b0742100f219eda7aa40a7a32e08ef

e is very knowledgeable and exacting.&nbsp; His description of the wire=
 you needed is right on. He has created a huge file of correct harness i=
div>Even though RI Wiring is a bit pricy for these items..."you get what=
 you pay for". Also the saying-"you can't buy that kind of information"=
 does not apply with RIW...I found them to be the best and when Mark ret=
ires, he will leave a legacy of good data, that hopefully someone else i=
n the firm will pick up, and run with the ball. Hank<br><br><div class=
=3D"reply-new-signature"></div><p>--------------------------------------=
---</p>From: "Michael MacLean via Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net><br>T=
ct: Re: [Healeys] Yet Another Wiring Question<br><br>=0A<div class=3D"yd=
pa968ed7fyahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:'times new roman', 'new=
 york', times, serif;font-size:16px;">=0A<div dir=3D"ltr">No one knows t=
he answer to my=0Aquestion I guess, but that's OK.&nbsp; I called Rhode=
 Island Wiring=0Atoday and talked to a 41 year employee that only works=
 3 days a=0Aweek now at 70 years old.&nbsp; He looked it up for me and s=
aid=0Aeven their expensive BN2 main harness did not include a connection=
=0Afrom the overdrive relay to the transmission switch.&nbsp;=0AAccordin=
g to his records of past original wiring harnesses from BN2=0Acars they=
 use as example, it is a single braided wire with a woven=0Acovering of=
 white with purple tracers encased in a vinyl=0Asheath.&nbsp; On one end=
 is a forked terminal to connect to the=0Arelay.&nbsp; I was told this w=
ire is 48 inches long.&nbsp; Then a=0Alength of brown with purple wire i=
s between the switch and the=0Asolenoid with a sleeve connector in the m=
iddle.&nbsp; Supposedly to=0Aservice the solenoid.&nbsp; So, problem sol=
ved.&nbsp; Just have to=0Aorder the wire and components now.</div>=0A<di=
', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">=0A<div>O=
n Friday, February 26, 2021, 10:18:56 AM PST, Michael MacLean=0Avia Heal=
3e7ayahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:'times new roman', 'new york'=
, times, serif;font-size:16px;">=0A<div dir=3D"ltr">In the middle of my=
 BN2 re-wire and I have come=0Aacross a bit of a kink.&nbsp; If you chec=
k the Moss catalog they=0Alist an overdrive harness for the BN1 and the=
 BN4 through=0ABJ8.&nbsp; No listing for the BN2.&nbsp; The wiring harne=
ss I am=0Ainstalling is a Moss cloth/PVC harness.&nbsp; There connection=
 I am=0Aconcerned about today is the connection from the overdrive relay=
=0Aconnection C2 to the transmission switch.&nbsp; The original wiring=
=0Adiagram for the BN2 in the service manual shows a single white wire=
=0Awith green stripe from C2 on the relay to the transmission=0Aswitch.&=
nbsp; The harness I have has the connection from C2 to the=0Athrottle sw=
itch (same color wire) within the main harness.&nbsp;=0AReally this conn=
ection is only inches apart, but there is no white=0Awire with a green s=
tripe other than that coming out of the harness=0Aat this point.&nbsp; T=
his leads me to believe this is just a single=0Awire that runs from the=
 overdrive relay to the transmission=0Aswitch.&nbsp; Has anyone that has=
 wired a BN2 run into this?&nbsp;=0AI would like to know what gauge wire=
 to use&nbsp; because I do not=0Aknow the amperage this wire has to carr=
y.&nbsp; How long of a wire=0Awould this be approximately?&nbsp; I would=
 like to order it from=0ABritish Wiring with a woven sheath (black with=
 white dots) to make=0Ait look somewhat period.&nbsp; No having the tran=
smission installed=0Ayet makes figuring the length a little difficult. I=
'd rather be too=0Along with this wire than the alternative.</div>=0A<di=
body></html>

--=_b8b0742100f219eda7aa40a7a32e08ef--

--===============8242537656800632384==