Re: [Healeys] Ebay - Bizarre

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ebay - Bizarre
From: i erbs via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 19:38:05 -0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000ae4ce505bd26656a

Im having an issue with a seller on ebay, but can't figure out how to
contact ebay

Ira Erbs
1959 AH 100-6
1967 MGB
Milwaukie, OR

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021, 7:31 PM Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

> I had something similar happen near the beginning of the pandemic. I
> ordered what was supposed to be a 3M respirator--for chemical application,
> not for the virus--from an outfit that appeared to be in mainland China (a
> lot of these showed up on eBay about then, all trying to undercut each
> other by a couple cents). Anyway, the respirator never came, and from the
> start the seller had implored me to 'contact him, not eBay.' Every time I
> did, they gave a different tracking number, which appeared to originate at
> various places in N. America (I don't know if the numbers were hacked from
> the USPS, or were just random). A couple cycles of this and I contacted
> eBay to report a fraud; they refunded my money within a few days. Maybe
> your seller had 'connections?'
>
> Bob
>
> On 3/9/2021 6:27 PM, Alan Seigrist wrote:
>
> Bob -
>
> The bizarre thing is I believe the whole thing began with a mainland
> seller (who I purchased a small thing from) and they never delivered.  When
> they never delivered, I gave them a bad eBay rating.  That dishonest seller
> then asked that if I change my rating to good, they would refund my money.
> That request made me angry, so I reported the conversation to eBay that a
> seller was holding my refund ransom to change their rating to good.  Well,
> why would I change the rating to good to get my money back? So in effect I
> would give them a good rating for not delivering what they promised.  Crazy.
>
> Oh well, this is the internets.  Easy enough to just make a new account.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 10:11 AM Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know.  Possible, they refused to give me a reason.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 10:06 AM Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Alan,
>>>
>>> I believe you live in Hong Kong; could the recent actions by the CCP
>>> have instigated this?
>>>
>>> Bob

>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--000000000000ae4ce505bd26656a

igure out how to contact ebay<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature=
v class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Mar 9=
, 2021, 7:31 PM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";>bsp=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    I had something similar happen near the beginning of the pandemic. I
    ordered what was supposed to be a 3M respirator--for chemical
    application, not for the virus--from an outfit that appeared to be
    in mainland China (a lot of these showed up on eBay about then, all
    trying to undercut each other by a couple cents). Anyway, the
    respirator never came, and from the start the seller had implored me
    to &#39;contact him, not eBay.&#39; Every time I did, they gave a diffe=
rent
    tracking number, which appeared to originate at various places in N.
    America (I don&#39;t know if the numbers were hacked from the USPS, or
    were just random). A couple cycles of this and I contacted eBay to
    report a fraud; they refunded my money within a few days. Maybe your
    seller had &#39;connections?&#39;<br>
    Bob<br>
      wrote:<br>
     =20
          mainland seller (who I purchased a small thing from) and they
          never delivered.=C2=A0 When they never delivered, I gave them a b=
ad
          eBay rating.=C2=A0 That dishonest seller then asked that if I
          change my rating to good, they would refund my money.=C2=A0 That
          request made me angry, so I reported the conversation to eBay
          that a seller was holding my refund ransom to change their
          rating to good.=C2=A0 Well, why would I change the rating to good
          to get my money back? So in effect I would give them a good
          rating for not delivering=C2=A0what they promised.=C2=A0 Crazy.</=
div>
          new account.</div>
          AM Alan Seigrist &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healey.nut@gmail.com"; targ=
et=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">healey.nut@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
o give
            me a reason.</div>
              10:06 AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.n=
et" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Alan,<br>
              I believe you live in Hong Kong; could the recent actions
              by the CCP <br>
              have instigated this?<br>
              Bob<br>
              On 3/9/2021 5:59 PM, Alan Seigrist via Healeys wrote:<br>
              &gt; All -<br>
              &gt;<br>
              &gt; Obviously I use ebay to purchase random parts here
              and there, Ebay <br>
              &gt; just cancelled my account after 18 years for no
              reason.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve <br>
              &gt; contacted them, and they offer no explanation.
              Totally weird....<br>
              &gt;<br>
              &gt; Anyone else have this issue?<br>
              &gt;<br>
              &gt; Cheers,<br>
              &gt;<br>
              &gt; Alan<br>
              &gt;<br>
              Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; =
rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.=
html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
              Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; re=
l=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail=
/healeys</a>
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>