Re: [Healeys] overdrive problem

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] overdrive problem
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 19:50:25 -0700
The shop manual has a comprehensive diagnostic flow chart; and maybe a
troubleshooting guide as well.

To make SWAGs, we need a little more info:

- does it stay in OD indefinitely, until he accelerates, or pop out
immediately?
- does it initially engage in 2-3 seconds, or take longer?

If the pump is weak, OD would be slow to engage and, once the
accumulator has engaged there might not be enough to hold OD. But, my
guess would be something electrical; possibly the relay.

Bob